Chapter 19

It was after a show

It was after a show. It was late. I was growing tired of waiting on the men to go back to my motel room. I was so tired. My feet hurt. My voice ached from cheering for the men. And I just wanted some time alone. And it always seemed that I was with someone at some time. If it was not Ricky it was someone else. And I needed some time alone to relax.

I wondered where Ricky was at. I glance around me. Elvis was on one side. With girls surrounding his every move. He looked pleased by all the female attention that was all on him. I tapped my foot. No one paid any attention to me right now. That was for certain. I glance to the other side of me. I spot Ricky.

Laying over on the couch. I gasp.

Girls all over him. Laughing and flirting. Anger flares up inside of me. I did not want to make a scene with Rick and his little groupies. I was sure he was happy these girls were into him and not all into Elvis. Most girls were all about Elvis. The flattery was going to his head.

Maybe this was why Avery did not want to be with a rocker. I could understand that.
I grumble to myself. I head to Ricky's dressing room. I grab my purse. I would walk over to the motel. No worries. I was a big girl. I hear someone burst in the room.

♡♪♬♪♡

"Ricky?" giggles some girls.
"No sorry he is over by the couch" I mutter. "Take a number"
"Thanks" they gush then run out of there.

I head out of the place. Not a single one of them noticed me leave. Not Ricky or Elvis. Elvis normally noticed things. I needed to talk to Mary Ellen! I start feeling home sick now.

What a night. I get to the traffic light. I see the two signs. Was it left on Wildwood? Or right on Dove Ln? Oh bother. I glance down both then I think I see a hotel we were staying at down Wildwood.

I begin to head that way.

♡♪♬♪♡

"Wait" someone orders. "Stay there"
I freeze. It sure was not Ricky or Elvis there.
"Drop the purse or I will shoot you" he warns me. "do not turn around. Just drop the purse" he orders. "you know what get down on the ground" he tells me.
"What?" I stammer. I was being robbed??
"GET DOWN! DO NOT LOOK AT ME!" he yells. "down now!"