Chapter 6

[Waring Sexual Conduct]

April 1958

I folded up an extra dress placing it into my suite case. I was humming while I was packing my clothing. Ricky was on his way over to pick me up. He was driving me to my parents.

It was only a few towns over from here. I hoped my parents would be alright with the idea of me dating Ricky now. I had told my mom over the phone. She seemed surprised about this.

But she was alright with it. She knew I always had a mad crush on Ricky. She told me she would let father know that Ricky was coming to stay with me.

But of course, we would have to sleep in separate rooms at my parents out of respect for them. It was going to be a full house there. Aunt Martha was going to be there with uncle Ben. I had not saw them since Christmas.

Mom was not sure if Avery was going to show up or not. Avery had not told mom a definite yes or no yet. That meant that Avery could come at the last moment. Or not come at all. Either way.

I kind of hoped that Avery chose not to come. That would be great for Ricky and I both. I wanted Avery gone for our first holiday together. But I knew we would have to deal with Avery at some point.

♡♪♬♪♡

"Hey Willow, Ricky is here" says Mary Ellen.

"Coming!" I tell them.

I rush out of the room. There stands Ricky with a happy grin splashed on his face. "Hi babe" he greets me.

I rush to him. He pulls me in his arms. Then kisses me. "Hi babe" I reply back.

He laughs. "Are you all packed to go?" he asks me.

I nod. "Are you sure you are ready for this?" I ask one more time. "Avery could be coming" I warn him.

"I know. I told you before. I am fine and it will be good to see your family again. And be there for you" he says sweetly to me. He kisses me. "No more worries okay?" he asks me softly as he touches my cheek with his hand.