Chapter 12

I was nervous

I was nervous. I sit with Ricky on the tour bus. We had been traveling a long way. Stopping at gas stations and what not. It was getting close to getting to to Memphis to pick up Elvis Presley.

Now we were nearly there. I try not to keep glancing out my window. I did not want to seem to eager to meet Elvis in front of Ricky. And hurt his pride in anyway.

I lean into his side. He smiles over at me. I lean in stealing a kiss from his lips.

♡♪♬♪♡

"Are you nervous?" he teases me.

I nod. "A little bit. I was nervous to see you again backstage. That went fantastic" I joke. I touch his cheek with my hand.

"But I kissed you backstage" he jokes.

"I know" I say with a wink.

"Sorry I am not allowing Elvis to kiss you" he says. "I do not share" he tells me softly.

I get the chills. I love it when he was protective over me. Claiming me. I beam happily. I kiss him.

"I love you so much" I remind him.

"I love you to sweetheart" he vows.

Getting lost in a moment we were necking just as we pull in the gates of Graceland. I happened to miss it by distraction of Ricky's lips on mine. I did not really mind to much. I promised to tell Mary Ellen all about Graceland.

And here I missed it. She was going to be ticked at me. But sitting here kissing Ricky, I had waited forever to be here like this. And this was all I ever wanted.

♡♪♬♪♡

"Girls on tour? I could get used to this. Is there one back here for me?" we hear someone soon joke.

I glance up to see Elvis standing there in the doorway. Wearing a white and black button up shirt. His collar was turned up. Wearing black slacks. His dark hair was slicked back.