Chapter 10

April 1958

April 1958

Ricky had decided to take me shopping. I told him no. But he insisted. I let my boss know I was taking a leave off work. Due to going on the tour with Ricky. My friends were all excited for me. I knew I could hardly wait to stand beside Ricky.

Support him. Watch him play every night. I would call home and tell my friends everything when I could about each show around the states. I was going to get to travel to all 50 states. That was going to be so exciting.

I come out wearing a robin egg powered blue dress. It had white lace around the edge of the sleeves and neckline.

It made me feel so beautiful. Ricky had ordered me not to read the price tag when I tried on what he picked out. I see the tag. I go to touch the tag before I glance at the mirror.

♡♪♬♪♡

"No peaking!" Ricky warns me sternly causing me to jump. He whistles when he looks at me with the dress on. He takes me by the hand. Then has me twirl around for him. "Wow you look great in that" he praises me.

I blush with pleasure. "You like it?" I giggle.

He nods. I feel his gaze checking out all my curves. "Yes, I like it on you"

"I like it to" I say.

"We will take this one" Ricky orders to one of the workers.

The lady takes the dress to the front when I am changed out of it. I try on a cream peach one. These dresses were all name brand.

I was trying all the new ones here in Woolworth. I felt like a queen. And Ricky was my king. I smile shyly as I show him the next dress.

♡♪♬♪♡

"I love this little fashion show" he teases me. He pulls me in his lap. He kisses me.

"Not here Ricky" I giggle as I kiss his lips.

"Aw come on" he whispers. "There are stalls. No one has to know"

"No not here" I laugh.

I get up and try on another dress. And another.