Chapter 29

I was so thrilled to be planning my wedding

I was so thrilled to be planning my wedding. I was calling my mom that afternoon to let her know that I was going to marry Ricky. I only hoped that Avery would not hate my guts forever.

She had to know I had always only loved Ricky. I never meant to hurt Avery in anyway. And Avery would always be my sister. Ricky never meant to hurt her either. We just fell in love.

It was odd that the past week I had not been able to get in touch with my mother. I was worried something was wrong back home.

Or maybe they knew about the engagement and were already furious with me. Maybe I caused a rift with my family that was broken forever. I would worry about it until I got in touch with someone back home.

♡♪♬♪♡

"Mom?" they answer me finally.

"Hi dear I am sorry I have not been in touch with you these past few days. Something awful has happened" mom tells me.

"What is it? Is dad alright?" I ask.

"Avery honey" she tells me. "I know you were engaged to Ricky and I did not want to ruin your moment right now. But the other night Avery has died in a car accident" she tells me.

I shake and I sit down. "Avery? Avery died?" I stammer.

It could not be true.

"I am sorry we are making funeral plans. And I was going to call" she adds.

I could hear tears in her voice.

"Avery is dead?" I cry out loud.

"Willow?" Ricky calls out as he hears me cry in alarm.

"I will call later when I know more with the funeral plans" mom tells me when we hang up, I shake. Ricky places a hand on my arm.

"Sweetheart what is it?" he asks me.

"Avery.... Ricky my sister died" I announce.

"What? You can't be serious" he exclaims.

"I am! Mom told me now on the phone. Avery was in a car wreck. She died" I say.

♡♪♬♪♡

He pulls me in his arms as I cry over the death of my big sister. My only sibling was dead. We were never that close. But I never wished for her to be dead. I had always hoped we would work things out. And be the sisters we were always meant to be.

"Sweet Willow I am so sorry" Ricky says as he holds me close.

I cling to him and cry my eyes out.

Later that week we all attend Avery's funeral back home. Elvis evens comes. Though he did not know Avery. He was my friend, so he came for me. As did Mary Ellen and Corey.

Elvis brought his new girl Linda. I met her there at the funeral hall. Everyone told me how deeply sorry they were over the loss of Avery. This all seemed like a huge nightmare. One I could not wake up from.

"I am so sorry for your loss" Elvis tells me once we talk after the service. He hugs me.

"Thank you for coming. I wish things were on better terms" I sigh.

"I would be here. You are my friend" he reminds me.

♡♪♬♪♡

After the service Ricky drives me home. I feel numb. It rains later in the night. I sit at the window and overlook the garden down below. I wished Avery could see this place.

She would have loved it. It was like the house from Meet Me in St. Louis. Our favorite holiday movie with Judy Garland. Now Avery would never see this place. I was never a good sister to her.

I got out an old album and looked at old photos of myself with Avery as a child. When we had happier times together. Mary Ellen had always been more of a sister to me then Avery ever was.

It was sad really. Now Avery would never be in my wedding. Or know I was to wed Ricky. I felt bad about that. The next day I find myself back at her grave. Alone.

"I am sorry things did not work with us. I loved you. I looked up to you Avery. I never wanted this for you" I tell her as I kneel at her head stone. "I am sorry for the way things ended with us. But you know Ricky has always been the one I loved. My whole life. I loved only him. He and I never meant to harm you" I tell her. "I hope when I marry that you are up in heaven looking down over us" I add.

I feel a hand on my shoulder. I glance behind me to find Ricky there.

♡♪♬♪♡

"I knew you'd be here" he says. He holds me.

"I feel so guilty" I sob.

He holds me as he lets me cry.

A light rain falls on us again. It had been raining off and on.

"Avery I am sorry for how it all ended with us. But I love your sister more than I ever could imagine. And with you it was not real love. Not like this. And I hope someday the peace you have will be all you ever needed. And this will all work out for us all. We never wanted this for you Avery. In our own way we will always hold a love for you in our hearts" Ricky adds as he looks at my sisters grave.

He kisses me on the forehead.

"That was lovely Ricky" I tell him.

"Let's get you home sweetheart" he demands.

He leads me away from her grave. We drive on home. I take a long hot shower once I get home. And I start feeling better. Ricky makes me some hot tea and he has cookies when he comes in our room.

"Here sweetie" he says ash he hands me a treat.

"Wasn't that nice Elvis coming to her funeral? Avery would have been thrilled" I mention to Ricky as I nibble at a cookie.

"She was a huge Elvis fan" he agrees.

"Thank you for being there for me Ricky. I really needed you" I sigh. I felt drained.

"That is what I am there for sweetie" he replies. He kisses me.

We chat a bit. Then have our tea and cookies. Then Ricky leads me to bed. I snuggle in his warm embrace for the night.

♡♪♬♪♡♪♬♪♡♪♬♪♡♪♬♪♡

нσρє уσυ αℓℓ єиʝσує∂ тнє cнαρтєя!
           мσяє тσ cσмє!!!
           ------∂αℓαιиα

• Please vote!!

• Hit that star ☆!!

• I ♥ comments!!

|Fan|Vote|Comment|Love|Share|Save|