Chapter 7

April 1958

April 1958

We got up early. Ricky snuck out of my room before my parents would know he was even in there. He had been so romantic to sneak in there and be with me. Snuggling with me all night long. He snored a little bit. But I did not mind to much.

I was in a good mood. I hoped that Avery was going to show. Then this holiday would be super special for Ricky and I. After I hopped in the shower. Got myself dolled up because my mother always had us take family photos in front of the house before everyone went home.

I wanted to look good for Ricky today incase Avery showed up looking like a million dollars. She always looked ten times prettier than I did.

I learned how to do my hair and my make up from her. Oh, and from Marylin Monroe to name some stars I admired. I soon was out of the bathroom. I see my uncle rush in after I was done in there.

We had one bathroom upstairs and one downstairs. My parents had a private bathroom in their room. Only they could use it. I find my mother cooking breakfast downstairs in the kitchen when I get there. I help her set the table. I hear cheerful whistling coming from the hallway. Ricky.

His eyes light up when he sees me in the dining room. Normally we would have breakfast at the kitchen table. But there were so many of us there mother was making us eat there in the dinning room area. More space to fit us all. Ricky makes his way over to my side. He pulls me in his arms.

♡♪♬♪♡

"Morning!" he says then pecks my lips with a kiss.

I smile as I return his kiss. "Morning. Did you sleep alright?"

"I sure did. Did you?" he asks softly.

I nod shyly. Then smile. "I did"

"Last night was wonderful! Want to talk in the back yard?" he asks me.

He wanted to chat about what went on between us last night. That had to be a good sign, right? The doorbell rings. I groan.

More company. I bet it was Avery. The one person I was hoping that would not show up today for Easter dinner. Normally Easter fell on a Sunday. This year it fell on Saturday.