Chapter 14

"Oh, my brain freeze!" I giggle

I place my fingers on my forehead as I wince. The cold was getting to me. But the ice cream was so sweet. Yummy. Ricky and I were at a restaurant here in North Dakota.

Sharing a sundae on a Sunday before his show that night. He laughs as he eats another bite of ice cream. We were in a rental car at the drive-in ice cream shop.

♡♪♬♪♡

"This place is so darling" I gush.

"Did you bring your camera?" he asks me.

I nod. "I will be right back. Going to take a photo of it for our scrapbook" I say.

I hop out of the rental car. I snap a few photos of the place. I notice now how adorable Ricky was being as he sits in the car. Leaning his arm on the side of the car. He is smiling over at me.

A few girls are overlooking curiously at Ricky. He does not even notice the fan girls looking his way. Because he was to busy looking at me. I loved that. I snap a few photos of the moment. Of him. I beam with pride that he was mine.

I rush back to the car before the flock of girls would surround our car. Ricky saved me the cherry on the top. He knew that was my favorite part of the sundae.

I could not wait for the concert tonight. We always had so much fun during the show and after. While Rick was on stage Elvis had been trying to teach me how to play cards. So, I could beat Ricky at a game one day.

♡♪♬♪♡

"We better go. You are getting noticed Rick" I tease him. I point to the fan girls.

"Oh, I did not notice" he chuckles.

"I know. You were busy watching me" I say as he looks me in the eyes.

"Well you are the only girl I want to girl watch" he jokes.

He leans in kissing me on the lips.
I melt into him.

♡♪♬♪♡

"We really better get going" I warn him after we kiss.

We head out of there as the girls had decided to approach the car. Ricky speeds away. We hold hands as we drive back to the hotel we were staying at. I was doing well on the road with Ricky.

"It's Love Love Love" by Guy Lombardo plays on the radio.  I loved that song. It was so old, but I loved it. We get to the hotel. No one had followed us. We head back to our room.

I sigh as I sit down on the bed. I lay on the bed. Ricky is turning on the tv. Gun Smoke plays on tv right now. Ricky's favorite show. I wondered if he missed being on tv.

Or if he was over that part of his life. He did enjoy singing. You could tell with his songs. The way he wrote them. He poured his heart into his music.

♡♪♬♪♡

"Do you ever miss being on tv? Your tv family?" I wondered.

"Sometimes. I do miss them. We keep in touch" he tells me. I hug his arm as I lean my head on his shoulder.

"I remember when I was younger you and my sister took me to the set of your show. I was so impressed by all that glitter and glam" I giggle. "your make-up artist Marie? She did my make up while you and my sister were hanging out"

"I remember that. You were so thrilled" he laughs.

"I felt like a real movie star sitting on that chair. Then you let me sit in your chair on the set. While Avery stood behind me. That was so fun" I remark.

"You have always been a part of my life Willow. You always will be" he says to me.

"So serious Rick" I joke.

"Well I am. About you!" he adds.

"I am about you" I vow.

"Good!" he says softly.

His eyes fall to my lips before he leans in kissing me. I groan softly as our lips kiss deeper and faster. I was so in love. In love with Ricky. He loved me. I hoped one day we might marry.

Have kids. Start a family. Leave Hollywood behind. Who knew maybe our kids would grow up and be stars. Take after their dad. I could see that happening.

♡♪♬♪♡

"I wish we had more time. I would make love to you. But the show will start soon" he reminds me after the kiss ends.

"We always have plenty of time for that" I remind him.

He nods.

"Are you having fun on the tour?" he asks me.

"Oh, I am having the best time" I vow.

"How is the card playing going with Elvis? Beat him yet?" he jokes.

I blush. "You knew?" I giggle.

"Yes, saw you two backstage. I knew you were trying to learn to beat me" he laughs.

"He was teaching me. I wanted to surprise you Rick" I giggle.

"I will be if you ever manage to beat me at cards" he teases me.

"Oh, I will beat you one of these days Ricky Nelson" I promise him.

"Oh yeah?" he laughs.

"Yeah" I smirk.

He kisses me. "We better get going. So, we are not late for the show love"

I nod. "Alright Ricky"

♡♪♬♪♡

I grab my purse and the deck of cards on the nightstand. Ricky turns off the tv before we head on out for the show. He grabs me by the free hand, and we lock the door to our room before heading out.

I loved it when Ricky took care of me. Looked out for me. Noticed everything I did. It made me feel so special inside. I could not explain how he made me feel. But I loved feeling this way. He made me feel this way.

We get to where the show was going to be. Even though we were early there were cars parked out front all over. Because Ricky and Elvis were here. Everyone watched me get out of the car with Ricky. A few girls were screaming his name as we rush out of there.

I felt so proud to be at his side. I only hoped he knew. That he understood that.

There was nowhere else I would rather be. Then here with Ricky.

♡♪♬♪♡♪♬♪♡♪♬♪♡♪♬♪♡

нσρє уσυ αℓℓ єиʝσує∂ тнє cнαρтєя!
           мσяє тσ cσмє!!
           ------∂αℓαιиα

• Please vote!!

• Hit that star ☆!!

• I ♥ comments!!

|Fan|Vote|Comment|Love|Share|Save|