Chapter 17

I felt awful

I felt awful. I lay in bed. Trying to get one more hour of sleep in. I was supposed to get up. Elvis was better.

Over his cold now.

I had taken care of him all week that past week on the tour bus. I find myself coughing. I groan and hug my pillow to my chest.

Rick comes in our room. He has breakfast.

♡♪♬♪♡

"Did you get me a tea?" I manage to mutter as I sit up in bed.

He winces. "Sweetie I got a coffee" he sighs. "I can go back. Sorry it to me forever. Those crowds got me" he admits.

I nod. "No, it is fine" I sniff.

Ricky touches my forehead. "You are burning up" he worries. "you got Elvis cold"

I nod. "I did. I worked with him all week. Now he is better" I say before I sneeze.

"Want me to stay here with you?" he offers.

I shake my head. "Babe you do not need this cold" I say. "you have not had it yet"

"I want to take care of you. Let me stay" he offers.

"No" I sniffle. I blow my nose in a tissue.

"Baby" he argues.

There was a knock on the door. Rick answers it. Elvis comes in with a cup.

♡♪♬♪♡

"I brought some tea. I know you love tea. Oh, Ricky got it for you" Elvis says.

"Oh tea! Please and thanks. Ricky accidently got me coffee" I gratefully say. Elvis hands me the cup. And sugar to with cream. "Just how I like it" I giggle.

Elvis nods. "We spent a lot of time together last week. I noticed" he shrugs. "No big deal"

"I should have known you like tea best" sighs Ricky.

"Baby you were sweet to get me breakfast. And offer to stay. Thank you both" I say to them.
"She won't let me stay with her and watch over her" Ricky mutters.