Chapter 21

Ricky was working on the stage

Ricky was working on the stage. I was backstage with Elvis. To work on Ricky's birthday gift. I had picked out a song to sing to my Ricky. His song "I Will Follow You!" I loved that song. The way he sang it was timeless.

And beautiful. It made me melt when I heard him croon it. I only hoped I did not mess the song up and make a fool out of myself. In front of Ricky and on live tv.

I tap my foot as Elvis plays the tune for me on a piano in the back room. I was sweating. Hoping Ricky did not find me. Or hear me singing. And then this would all be ruined.

I would have nothing to give to him on his birthday like I wanted to. We had to rush practice. And be sneaky about things. Ricky already did not like for me to be hanging around Elvis without him.

♡♪♬♪♡

"Alright pout your lips more and softly sing" Elvis says to me. "Try it again. It gets louder in the song. But soft to start with" he points out.

I nod. "I will follow him. Follow him where ever he may go.... there isn't an ocean to deep. A mountain to high it can keep keep me away. Away from my love...."

"Better" Elvis says. "Tap your foot to the beat. And one and two" he orders.

I tap my right foot and my hand on my hip. "I will follow him...." I sing.

"Elvis! Willow! Ricky finished and he is on the warpath! He is looking for you" Elvis bandmate warns me.

"Thank you. Elvis thanks. I better go" I breath out.

"We will work more later. Willow you are doing well" Elvis promises me.

"Thank you!" I say. I hand him the sheet music. Then I run out of the room.

I run into Ricky in the hall.

♡♪♬♪♡

"Hey babe" I ramble out.

"What were you doing? Where were you?" he asks me as he holds me close.

"I had.... I was....I had fallen asleep" I lie. "On the couch back there" I laugh. I lead him away from there before Elvis came out of the same room. Ricky would get upset.

"Oh okay. Are you still tired baby?" he worries over me as we walk down the hall.

"I am fine now" I lie. I hated to lie to Ricky.

"Are you bored when you wait for me?" he fusses.

"No Ricky not at all" I say. "we had stayed up late the night before remember" I whisper near his earlobe. "You kept me up" I giggle.

"Oh yes" he laughs.

He kisses me. "I can't keep my hands off you" he says to me.

"Ricky what do you want to do for dinner? Before the show tonight?" I ask.

"Hmmm.... I am not sure. I am famished. Can we get something and head to our room? I need some privacy. Then another night I swear I will take you out" he vows.

I smile. "I am fine with that" I agree.

♡♪♬♪♡

We get takeout. I loved late nights with Ricky like this. I often did not get a lot of time with him on concert nights.

But the time I did get with him I cherished it all. All the memories. All the moments. Ricky had gotten a steak and baked potatoes'. And green beans. I got the same.

"This hits the spot" I sigh as I take a bite of my meal.

"Nothing beats a home cooked meal though, I can't wait to go home" he sighs.

"Home sick?" I tease.

"Yes, I want nights alone and not have to do a single thing. As long as I am with you" he says to me.

"Oh Ricky I want that to" I agree.

"I hardly see the sights that we stop at. And we are up late. Getting up early. I feel worn out. But I know the fans love it" he tells me. "And I love my music"

"I know Ricky you are wonderful" I say.

"You know what I really want?" he asks me.

"What is that?" I ask.

"I want to retire and have a marriage with the woman I love. And loads of little kids. At a home that has private land for us to do as we please. And I would love to have that all one day with you" he adds.

My heart flutters inside. Marriage?

♡♪♬♪♡

"Ricky!" I breath out.

He leans in stealing a kiss from me. "One day I will have everything I dreamed of" he vows.

"Me to" I say with a happy twinkle in my eyes.

He smiles back at me.

"I can't believe my birthday is coming up" he laughs.

"Oh it is is it?" I tease. "I did not know"

He laughs. "Yes, you did. I am sure that is why you and Elvis have been chit chatting behind my back"

I wince. "You knew?" I giggle.

"I do" he laughs. "Willow I know you so well. What are you planning?" he wants to know.

"These lips are sealed Ricky Nelson" I joke.

"Give me one little hint" he begs me. "come on"

"Nope" I say. I shake my head.

"Please?" he begs me. "I am dying to know"

"I am sure you are lover boy" I giggle. "you can wait until your birthday"

"Fine" he pouts.

I kiss him. "I promise you will love it" I tell him.

"I am sure I will" he adds.

"Remember the birthday you let me wish on your cupcake my sister made for you and she got really mad?" I ask him.

He laughs. "I forgot about that" he laughs. "Yes"

"Well on that birthday, I wished you would be my boyfriend not Avery's" I giggle. "Little did I know it would come true" I tease.

"I am glad that it did come true after all. Sweet girl. What a wonderful wish" he says.

I blush.

"I love you so very much Ricky" I add.

"Maybe wishes do come true" he says softly.

"Maybe" I agree.

He leans in and kisses me. My wish sure came true. And I was so glad it had.

♡♪♬♪♡♪♬♪♡♪♬♪♡♪♬♪♡

нσρє уσυ αℓℓ єиʝσує∂ тнє cнαρтєя!
           мσяє тσ cσмє!!
           ------∂αℓαιиα

• Please vote!!

• Hit that star ☆!!

• I ♥ comments!!

|Fan|Vote|Comment|Love|Share|Save|