Chapter 24

I felt like death washed over me

I felt like death washed over me. I missed Ricky so much. I bet he was not missing me at all. I asked Mary Ellen if it was okay that I take time off. I needed a break from work.

From everything. I lay in bed. I had not been able to eat. Or sleep. If I did get some sleep it was for two hours or more. Nothing less. I had a scrapbook I made of Ricky and I on the trips. I looked at them everyday.

How blessed I had been to have his love. Now I had nothing. No more. I lost him. All because I lied. And because he did not trust me. I was only trying to surprise him for his birthday.

And I lost him for it. I wished I never came up with that stupid plan. Tears fall. It had been a week now since I last saw him. I had been getting calls and offers about singing.

Record companies wanted to make deals with me. I told them no thank you. I had only sang for my boyfriend's birthday. That it was a one time deal only.

The one person I wanted to call and I wanted to chase after me was not coming around. He was not even trying. No letter. No call. No visit. He hated me. It hurt me deeply to know he hated me.

♡♪♬♪♡

"You have to come out of that bed sometime" Mary Ellen says as she knocks on my door. "come on Willow"

"Leave me alone" I snap.

"Willow let's go get lunch" she begs me. "you will love getting out again"

"No thank you" I sniff back tears.

"Fine. This is not over with" warns Mary Ellen.

I lay back on the pillow. Why was Ricky not coming after me? He gave me up. He did not want me. Tears leak from the pools of my eyelids. Splattering on the pillow.

I wish I had one more night with Ricky. One more moment in his embrace. Feeling his kiss. His love. Feeling his body wrapped around mine. My body literally was aching for him inside of me. I bet he was not aching for me. That was what hurt the most.

♡♪♬♪♡

"Ricky I miss you so much" I sniff back tears. "Why are you not coming for me? Why?" I ask softly.

The phone rings. I hear Mary Ellen talking on the phone. I sit up. Trying to listen to whom she was talking to. Maybe it was Ricky calling for me. Asking about me. Hope surges in my heart. She knocks on the door. Then lets herself come in my room.

"Elvis is on the phone for you" she mentions.

"Oh" I sigh.

"He wants to know how you are doing. He wishes to talk to you" Mary Ellen asks.

I am bummed. Elvis was sweet to call and worry over me. But he was not Ricky calling for me. All I wanted was to hear his voice say I love you.

I am sorry for this fight. That I miss you more than words can say. But no his pride would not let him. Or the fact was he did not love me after all. That hurt worse then not hearing from him at all.

♡♪♬♪♡

"What should I say? Are you going to talk to him?" asks Mary Ellen.

"Fine. I will talk to Elvis" I agree.

I get up then I head in the living room to take the phone call from him. I wondered if Elvis had heard from Ricky at all since the concert tour had ended after Ricky's birthday celebration. I brace myself then take the phone and place the receiver to my earlobe.

"Hello?" I softly say.

"Hi Willow" Elvis greets me warmly.

"Hi Elvis. I sure miss you" I say.

"I miss you to. I was wondering how you are holding up?" he asks me. "have you made up with Ricky yet?" he asks me.

I wince. Tears come. "No, he has not come around. I have not heard from him at all" I tell him. "I wish he had"

"I am sorry to hear that. I tried to call him to, but I have not heard back from him at all." Elvis tells me.

"What did you want to talk about?" I wonder.

"I wanted to invite you out to Graceland" he offers.

I was not sure I was up for going anywhere.

"Graceland?" I ask.

Mary Ellen nods then smiles. I knew she thinks I should go.

Ricky would hate me going to Elvis place without him. Maybe it might make him jealous enough to come after me! Right? He might want to win me back. Ideas played in my brain. I had to stop this. It was over with Ricky. I had to move on.

"Yes, I would like for you to come hang out. I know how down you have been. I missed your company." Elvis requires.

"I would love that. Sure, when do you want me there?" I ask him.

We plan a time for me to go to Graceland. And hang out. Then I hang up on the phone.

♡♪♬♪♡

"Good for you Willow! I am glad to see you are going to Graceland" says Mary Ellen. "Elvis will have something fun to do and cheer you up"

Tears come to me. "I was hoping Ricky was the one calling for me" I cry an ocean of tears.

Mary Ellen sits beside me. She places an arm around my shoulder. "You both are hurting right now. Maybe in time Ricky will see his wrong ways and come around. You have to give him time" says Mary Ellen. She hugs me.

"I lost him. It is over with Ricky. I wish I never came up with that birthday surprise. I knew how he felt about secrets. I made him this way. I made him worry. It was wrong of me. Then when he asked me what was going on I was to stubborn to tell him. I was not willing to ruin the stupid surprise. Now I ruined our love. And his trust" I sob. "I wish I could take it all back"

"I can not imagine losing my boyfriend. I love him so much. I can't fathom what you are dealing with Willow" she softly tells me. "time heals all wounds" she quotes.

I head back to my room. I flop back down on the bed. In a mess of tissues from crying. I was never going to get over Ricky.

He was my only one true love. He was the only one for me. I lost my chance. It was over. His actions were clear. He was not coming for me. He did not want me. He was done with me. For good. How I was going to move on from his love I did not know. I was not sure if I could.

♡♪♬♪♡♪♬♪♡♪♬♪♡♪♬♪♡

нσρє уσυ αℓℓ єиʝσує∂ тнє cнαρтєя!
           мσяє тσ cσмє!!
           ------∂αℓαιиα

• Please vote!!

• Hit that star ☆!!

• I ♥ comments!!

|Fan|Vote|Comment|Love|Share|Save|