Chapter 23

It was time at last for Ricky's big birthday bash that we were hosting for him on tv

It was time at last for Ricky's big birthday bash that we were hosting for him on tv. He knew we were hosting it for him. But he did not know what all was planned for his birthday.

Then after his birthday he would see all I had done for him. He would come to me. Want me back. Then apologize. I would happily take him back with open arms.

He was the only one I ever wanted. I even had a gift wrapped for him. I bought it last month. A new handsome leather bomber jacket. I saved up every last dime I had to buy this for him.

I got a card that day for his birthday. I begin to jot down a note for him. My hands began to shake as I imagined being on that stage on tv later today. I always had stage fright.

But this was for Ricky.

♡♪♬♪♡

I write him a note. "No matter what you think I never will cheat on you or have cheated on you. I am not the cheating kind. I will never love anyone but you. Even if you chose to keep me out of your world. I can't imagine my life without you in it. You made my world a better place. I loved being loved by you. I would give anything to feel that way right now. I hate feeling like you hate me. It is killing me. I wish you the best on your birthday. I love you. I hope all your dreams come true today" I write in his card with a shaky hand.

I close the card up. His gift was ready. Elvis comes in our room.

"After I sing please give this to him and I plan on going home" I softly explain to Elvis.

"Are you sure?" he asks me.

I nod as tears come to me. "I can't stay on this tour. It hurts to be without him"

"You are so devoted" Elvis sighs. "I hope to find a love as great as this one"

"You will one day" I tell him.

"Ricky will see what a fool he has been" Elvis promises me.

"I hope so. I miss him so much" I say as tears water in my eyes.

"Don't cry Willow you will ruin your make up" warns Elvis.

"I know" I say as I force the tears back.

"Come on. Let's get this over with" Elvis tells me.

♡♪♬♪♡

We all wait backstage. Ricky is on the other side backstage. Glaring at us every chance he gets. I knew he could not wait for me to go. That he actually thought I was screwing around with Elvis on him. How little he thought of me.

That was what hurt the most. That Ricky did not trust me. He could never trust me. Elvis places his hand on my back. I smile back at him.

"Welcome all to Ricky Nelson's birthday celebration. We have a ton of wonderful guests lined up today to sing in honor of this talented young man. And we have some new singers to perform for you all tonight" the host Dick Clark speaks on camera. "Elvis Presley to name a few are here tonight! Happy Birthday Ricky Nelson. Come on out!" calls out Dick.