Chapter 8

April 1958

April 1958

As I sobbed a bit, I ended up falling asleep on my bed. It was late in the afternoon now. I had no dinner. My stomach growled at me with anger. I was sure Avery had a fun family dinner.

Everyone was thrilled she was there. Including my so-called boyfriend. I was sure they were all saying that I overreacted at the dinner table. And how Ricky and Avery had always made a fantastic couple.

So many things were running in my head right now. I had to get something to eat. I sigh as I sit up. I glance at my image in the mirror. My make up had run under my eyes. From crying. Lovely. I head in the bathroom. Then wash my eye make up off. Cleaning up a bit. I felt better. Some. My heart felt so heavy right now.

How long would it take to get over a broken heart? I was not sure because I never had been able to get over Ricky. I always wanted to win his heart. The way he won mine. He was not meant for me. He was meant for Avery. Not me. I had to face the facts and then move on.

I hear someone knock on the door.

♡♪♬♪♡

"Willow I know you are home you have no where else to go and the lights are on. Come on and answer the door. We need to talk" orders Ricky at the door.

This was it. He was going to break things off with me.

I open the door. He looks sad and tired.

"I know it is over. Bye have fun with Avery" I snap at him. I go to shut the door in his face.

He stops me.

"I don't want Avery" he states. "I told you before, I will tell you again. I want you!" he tells me.

"You don't have to spare my feelings. I understand there is history with you two and if you want to be with her by all means go do it" I say. "I am not going to stop you"

"Willow listen to me!" he orders looking frustrated with me.

"I know Avery means a lot to you. She was your first love. And you can't stand in the way of love. So, I hope you two will finally find the happiness you need this time...."

"I love YOU!" he yells. "Willow come on! Listen to me please. I love you!"

♡♪♬♪♡

He grabs my hand.
He makes me face him. He to had tears in his beautiful blue eyes.

"Willow I love you. Not Avery" he states.

I finally let my eyes meet his. "What?" I stammer.

"I am in love with you!" he says softly. His hand is in mine. "I have been these past few weeks. I fell hard for you. When I was with Avery that was not love. Everything had to be her way on her terms. You are nothing like that. You are kind. Fair. Charming. Everything a partner should have in life. You are giving. Sweet. Sexy as hell" he says. "I wanted to tell you last night when we made love. I was worried I would scare you off" he says. "But I know you need to hear this. I felt it to last night. That was why I was trying to talk to you this morning about us. I was going to tell you then or on our way home today" he explains. "Then Avery grabbed me and kissed me. She thought I was there for her. But I was not. I was yours. I still want to be yours"

My heart skips a happy beat.

"But I understand if you scared. And you think this won't work because there is two much history with Avery. You have doubts. But I thought we were sharing something amazing. The way you made me feel when you made love to me. Something real something powerful you could not hide from me was there. I know you are holding something back. But why I don't know" he says. "Willow please listen, I don't want her. I want you"

♡♪♬♪♡

He had come back for me.
He loved me??
He smiles sadly at me.

He pulls me in his embrace. Then his lips land on mine. He kisses me. I close my eyes letting him kiss me. I loved his kisses. Feeling his strong arms around me. My heart soared. He came back for me. He left Avery behind to come back for me. That made me so happy. I pull back from his kiss.

"What?" he asks me softly. "you want me, to leave?" he sighs.

"No, I don't. I want you to stay" I say to him.

He smiles. "You do?" he asks me.

I nod. "I love you to" I answer. "I have always loved you Ricky. I was hurt and jealous to see you in Avery together today. It hurt me. But you are right there was a passion between us last night. I had tried to hide it, but it all came out. I thought I felt it to. But I was worried I just thought what I wanted to" I say softly.

He touches my cheek with his hand. "No, you felt it. I am in love. So deeply in love with you" he whispers.

"You are?" I ask.

He nods. "The night at my concert when I saw you again you had grown into a beautiful woman. I wanted to make you mine. I had to have you in my world. And I knew when you were growing up you were just this cute kid who adored me. Followed me everywhere. I wanted that. But your love and adoration. I wanted that from you as a woman" he says. "I am so helplessly in love with you"

"Ricky..." I breath out.

He kisses me again. Shutting me up. He holds me closer.

"I am over Avery; you are the only woman for me" he vows. "Understand?!" he asks me.

He has his hand on my chin.

♡♪♬♪♡

"I am yours" I say softly.

"And I am yours love" he vows. "I am yours"

He kisses me. "Don't break my heart" he whispers after we kiss.

"Never" I say softly. "Never..."

He kisses me again. My heart soars with joy. Things were going my way.

He loved me. Ricky had fallen in love with me. At long last I won his heart. I would never break it.

♡♪♬♪♡♪♬♪♡♪♬♪♡♪♬♪♡

нσρє уσυ αℓℓ єиʝσує∂ тнє cнαρтєя!
           мσяє тσ cσмє!
           ------∂αℓαιиα

• Please vote!!

• Hit that star ☆!!

• I ♥ comments!!

|Fan|Vote|Comment|Love|Share|Save|