Shawn Flynn x Child Reader - Two Smol Beans

-

Shawn was on his break after a long day of working. He just needed some dirty bean water and a cookie. But of course, there was no coffee left and someone stole his lunch. Five bucks says Wally stole his cookies.

He will get evidence one day.

The toy maker sighed and started walking back to the work shop. He saw Grant on his way and waved. He had liked him for a while, but that's not the point.

He decided to take a little detour to the first level to see his friends. Walking up all the stairs because he doesn't trust the elevator, Shawn eventually got there. He saw Wally, the janitor first, saying hi then moving on.

He got to Henry's drawing station to say hello but saw he was deep in consentration.

Perfect timing.

Shawn snuck up behind the animator to scare him.

"HEY HENRY! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?"

The young animator jumped five feet in the air, knocking ink off of the desk. The toy maker laughed so hard that he was crying.

"Jesus Shawn!" Shawn's laughter dialled down. He apologised to Henry for messing up his drawings and planned to go back to work.

But the obnoxious knocking at the studio's front entrance caught his attention.

The toy maker walked to the door and opened it. There was no one there. Then he looked down. There was a little child. No more than four years old sitting there.

They were sniffling while wiping tears away. They had an iron grip on a teddy bear, holding it like their life deepened on it. They started rubbing their cheek where there was a big red hand print.

"Hey little one. Are you lost?" Shawn knelt down so he was level with the child. Why were they here alone? Where are their parents?

"I dow't *hic* know." They had the hiccups from crying a lot. Shawn did know what to do. He was never good with children. But he knew he couldn't leave them out there. It was quite a cold day today.

"Do you want to come in? I can get you a cookie or something?" The small child nodded. They made grabby grabby hands at Shawn while looking at him.

I guess they want to be picked up?

Shawn picked up the small child and bought them in.

"What's your name?" Shawn was walking to the break room to steal some of Wally's cookie to give to the kid. They had their arms wrapped around the toy makers neck like a life line, still sniffling.

"Y-Y/n." Shawn got a lot of weird looks but no body questioned him. Which he was glad about.

"Nice to meet you Y/n, I'm Shawn Flynn." They walked into he break room. Thankfully no one was in there. He sat Y/n down on a chair and went to the fridge.

"So, Y/n, where are your parents?" He turned around to see the kids eyes light up at the sight of the cookie. He saw the still red hand print on the child's face. There was this feeling in his stomach. It was one of anger and sadness.

He handed Y/n the cookie and sat down with them. He waited to see if Y/n would answer.

"I dow't know. They towd me to stay here and when I asked why my mommy hit me. Then they weft me there." Y/n started rubbing their face while eating. They had never had a cookie before. Their parents wouldn't let them have them.

Shawn didn't  know what to say. Who in the double h hockey sticks would hit a child? He smiled at Y/n. He didn't know why, but he wanted to protect this small child. He had only known them for like, five , ten minutes, but he would hurt anyone who hurts them.

A smol bean protecting another smol bean.

"Do you have any other family?" Shawn had a sad look when they said no. What was he going to do? Its not like he could take care of them, he could barely take care of himself for crying out loud.

Deciding not to worry about it for know, Shawn picked up Y/n and bought Them to the work shop. But before they reached their destination, they ran into Grant.

"Shawn.... Why the fuck do you have a child?" Shawn gasped.

"Not in front of Y/n!" Meaning his language. Grant rolled his eyes and motioned him into the shop. They all walked in. Shawn placed Y/n down and walked off to his desk. He picked up a Bendy plush and gave it to them.

They dropped their current teddy bear and grabbed the one Shawn gave them.

"Fank you!" They giggled and ran off. They picked up their teddy and started playing a bit away from the two men.

"So, are you going to answer my question?" Shawn sighed and explained it all to Grant. Hearing the loud ass knocking, to giving Y/n one of Wally's cookies, about Y/n's parents.

"Well they can't exactly stay here. There is no one to look after them while working and Joey will not be happy. The best thing to to is call child services." Shawn knew this, but he didn't want anything bad to happen to the kid.

"Grant please? Joey doesn't have to find out! Their only a kid! I don't want to put them through that! It will traumatize them!"

"Shawn you can't even remember to eat and sleep sometimes. How are you going to look after a kid?" Shawn looked down. He didn't know. But he did know that he wanted to protect the kid already.

He looked over to see Y/n playing with their toys. It looked like they were making them talk to each other. He chuckled at the sight and looked back at Grant. He was also looking at them with a small smile.

"Grant please. I can do it. Just don't tell Joey." Grant sighed.

"Fine. But if he finds out, It wasn't me." The toy maker thanked him and went over to Y/n.

"Hey Y/n. What are you doing?" They looked up at Shawn and smiled.

"We're talking about what is better. Orwage juice or apple juice." Y/n continued playing, making funny voices for each toy. Shawn sat down with them joining in. He never pictured himself taking care of a child.

"I think that pineapple juice is best."

"Yucky!" Y/n made an action like throwing up. They started giggling right after. Shawn joined in.

He knew that he was going to be in a lot of trouble with Joey, but he didn't care. He was falling in love with this child already.

All of a sudden, Y/n Stopped playing and looked at him. Shawn got really worried for a second, only to smile a moment later.

"fank you for helping me Mr Shawn." Shawn ruffled their hair and laughed.

"It's alright kiddo." He knew one thing, he wasn't going to give this child up for anything. Adopting this child is what Shawn is going to do and with no regrets. 

-

Request by Wolfstarthecat hope ya enjoy it! 🥺

I have no idea how to portray a child..... and I'm not the best at writing ' x readers '

..........

As you can see.

By the way, all the words that are spelt incorrectly are just child talk. Not knowing how to pronounce words properly and that jazz..

Anyway,

Peace out ma dudes! ✌🏼