You Can Always Talk To Me

Peter
Hey Mr. Old

Mr. Old
Hey kid, why are you texting me in private?

Peter
Because this is kind of a private question

I don't want the rest to freak out

Mr. Old
So out of all people, you chose me to freak out?

I don't know if I should feel honoured.

Peter
Don't get me wrong sir, I like all of your friends

I just feel the most comfortable around you

Mr. Old
Now I am honoured.

Spill the tea kid.

Peter
Okay, first of all

THANK THE GODS YOU LISTEN TO WHAT I SAY

Second: if, hypothetically, you've got a possible internal bleeding, should you go to the hospital?

I'm asking for a friend

Mr. Old
How hypothetically is this Pete?

Peter
....

Mr. Old
The answer is yes by the way.

Go to the hospital!

Peter
How did you know it was me I was talking about?

Mr. Old
Even over text you are bad at lying.

But can you go to the hospital? Is there someone who can drive you?

Peter
No, but I'm not sure if I should go

Mr. Old
Why the frick not?!

....

You know what I mean.

Peter
Because hospital bills are expensive

I can't let May overwork again so she can pay for my health

Mr. Old
I'll pay it.

Peter
What?! No! I don't want you to think that I'm friends for your money

Mr. Old
Peter, I'm coming to you and I'm going to drag you to that hospital if you don't go there by yourself.

Peter
You don't understand, do you?

I CAN'T go to the hospital

Mr. Old
Why not?

Peter
I don't want to talk about it

Mr. Old
Please, tell me.

You can always talk to me.

Or else I'll find out myself.

Peter
Because the person who did this to me is the head of the surgery department

Mr. Old
Hold on, someone did this to you?!

And you know who?!

Peter
Yes...

But I'm scared of him, so I don't want to go to the cops

Mr. Old
Well you should!

You can't let him het away with this!

Peter
It was kind of my fault though

I don't want him to go to jail for my faults

Mr. Old
Do you want to tell me what happened?

Peter
I'd rather not

Mr. Old
Okay, I'm going to send someone to you and he'll get you to his tower to help you.

Peter
Who is it?

And why can't you come?

Mr. Old
I am on a business trip, so I'm stuck in Russia for a while.

And promise me you won't freak out when you see him.

Peter
I can't promise anything if I don't know who it is

Mr. Old
Tony Stark.

~~~~~

《Peter》
I would've let out a scream if I wasn't in so much pain. My stomach was aching so bad I thought it would rip in half at some point. Trying to get up, I felt myself getting dizzy. The black eye I got gave me a headache but that was the least of my problems.

Suddenly the cold bathroom floor felt extremely comfortable. Throughout the process of getting up I let myself fall back down again, accepting the pain in my entire body. I closed my eyes for a moment to make the room stop spinning. As I opened them, I made another attempt to stand up. I clenched my teeth together and slowly stood up.

I looked in the mirror and saw a broken boy. From the idiotic, happy child the most people know me as was nothing left. Gosh, May got me hard today, I thought. Then I realized what I had done. Mr. Stark was going to pick me up soon and this place didn't look like a healthy environment. I should leave before he can come in to ask questions.

I quickly wiped the blood off my face and walked to the door. I opened it and saw that May was gone. She probably went out for her late night shift, so I was alone at home. I sighed in relief and quietly made my way to the door.

I closed the door behind me and as I turned around, a suit of red and gold landed in front of me. I backed away in fear before realising it was Tony Stark. He opened his face plate to reveal a concerned look. "Mr. Old called me to pick you up, dang kid, that doesn't look good at all." He said, gesturing to my entire body.

"Rude." I said jokingly to brighten the mood. Mr. Stark's face moved to an amused grin and he picked me up. "Mr. Stark?" I asked while we were flying to his tower. "Yes kiddo?"

"Promise me you won't track the man, find out who he is and kill him or send him to jail. Please promise me." After a long silence I heard a defeated sigh. "Alright, I promise."

"Tell Mr. Old he has to promise too." I began to sound like a toddler but I couldn't care less, I didn't want anyone to find out what actually was going on at my house. Mr. Stark said something to his helmet which I couldn't understand.

"He promised as well."