From The Inside

OMFG 100K?!?!? MY DAD HAS LITERALLY BOUGHT ME A CAKE FOR THIS I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH HERE IS A NEW CHAPTER HOLY SHIT

Peter
It's my parents..

They're still alive..

~~~~~

《Peter》
I looked at the piece of paper between my fingers, hoping that I had just read it wrong. My chapped lips parted as I read the letter over and over again. I shook my head to myself. This can't be real, this must be a stupid joke. I stood up from the little bench and walked towards the trash can a few feet away. Crumbling the letter between my fingers, I felt the tears fill my eyes. As I was about to throw it away, I saw the graceful letters on the front again. A little glimpse at them was enough to stop me in my tracks.

To my dear Peter, the boy who will always be in my heart.

I sniffed to make the tears disappear as I pulled my hand back to look at that one sentence. I stared at it for a good few seconds before I put it back in my pocket. Rage started to boil up in my stomach. My parents had been alive all along and May never told me. She knew they weren't dead and she kept it away from me. I grabbed an empty can of cola from the top of the trash can and threw it away as hard as I could.

"Ouch!" The little yell came from the far distance. My eyes searched for a path to find the person who yelled, but then I saw it was my fault. A teenage boy, no more than a year older than I was, rubbed his head while grunting. I mentally slapped myself on the head and ran towards the teen.

"I'm so sorry! I was mad and didn't know what I was doing. Are you okay?" The boy just laughed a bit at me and pulled his hand away from his head. As I looked at it, I noticed it was no more than a red spot on his head. When I looked at my feet in shame, I saw the crumbled cola can laying between my feet. It was almost flat and the dent in the shape of a head was huge. "Don't worry, I have a strong skull." The boy said, tapping his head repeatedly.

He held out his hand. "Wade."
"Peter." I said, shaking his hand. "I know, we go to school together. I must say, you look like more of a Tom to me." I furrowed my eyebrows. "Why?" He shrugged his shoulders and grabbed his backpack from the ground. "I just had a feeling. Hey, are you going to that party next friday?"

I was confused by the sudden change of the subject, so I was silent for a while. When I figured I had to response to his question, he already chuckled at my awkwardness. "I know I have beautiful eyes, but there is no need to stare at them like that. Although yours are pretty nice as well, nobody can steal my spotlight." I chuckled and felt my cheeks redden. I had zoned out into the eyes of someone, good job Peter!

"Oh look! It's blushing! Nice to see that you appreciate the compliment, but you still didn't answer my question." Wade reasoned, suddenly looking at my red and puffy eyes. The tears had stopped falling, but it was still very obvious that i had been crying. "Hey, are you okay?" He asked, placing a hand on my shoulder. I shook him off and nodded. "Yeah I'm fine, just allergies."

I sniffed and ran a hand through my hair. "And, uhm, I didn't know of a party?" Wade didn't seem to take my lie about the allergies, but he still played along with my little performance. "I know, allergies suck. And yeah, it's a party at Liz's house. She didn't really invite anyone, you can just come if you like." I nodded with a little smile. "Will you be there?" I didn't even realise what I asked until I saw the smirk on Wade's face.

"I will be there, promise. See ya later Mr. Parker!" He walked away, waving at me from over his shoulder. "I didn't even tell you my last- nevermind."