The Talk

《Peter》
After our kiss MJ and I talked for a while, getting kind of uncomfortable. Were we a thing now? We sat behind the piano for the rest of the day, but we didn't dare to play anynore. Even though the feeling I felt when we combined our voices was the best thing I felt since Ben's death, I couldn't bring myself to do it again. I was... scared.

"I should head home, it's getting kind of late." MJ said when the awkward conversation stopped, making the situation even more uncomfortable. I nodded in agreement and swallowed. "Yeah," I turned my head to look out of the window, "it's getting dark. Do you want me to walk you home?" She nodded and blushed. "That would be nice."

I stood up and led her out of the room, holding the door for her like a gentleman. That was the first thing Ben taught me when he talked to me about girls. She grinned and stomped me in my side. I moaned and grabbed it while whining dramatically. "Ouch! What was that for?!" She grinned again and walked through the door. "For being a dork." She laughed. I raised my eyebrows.

"When was I bei-"
"Ssh! You're breaking the point."
"That was kind of my intention-"
"Ssh! You talk too much."
"I hear that a lot."

We walked through the halls side by side, our hands touching. Even the slightest touch of her pinky finger against mine made me feel weak inside. After a few touches, our hands embraced each other. It wasn't my intention, and I think it wasn't MJ's either. It just happened. I blushed and looked at her to see if she was okay with holding hands. She grabbed my hand more tightly as a response.

"Where are you two lovebirds going?" A cheerful voice asked from behind. Out of shok I let go of MJ's hand. I turned around to look straight into the eyes of Mr. Barton and Mr. Rogers. "Oh, hi guys! This is MJ, I'm walking her home." I said with a smile. The look on their faces wasn't quite placeable. They went from smiling, to a concerned look, to smirking, to looking at each other, to looking concerned again.

"Okay, this is really annoying. What do you mean with those faces?" Mr. Rogers sighed and placed a hand on his chin like he was looking for the right words to say. "It's very kind of you to walk her home, but Happy can bring her. We need to talk to you about... stuff."

My eyes widened and my mouth fell open. My jaw almost dropped onto the floor, making me look rediculous. "Please, don't tell me you're going to talk to me about the thing I'm thinking you're thinking about." MJ burst out in hysterical laughter, and I myself couldn't help but laugh with her. We almost rolled over the ground when we saw the serious faces of the men in front of us.

"Yeah, yeah," I said between laughs, "we get it, 'safety first'." MJ cracked up even more andshe grabbed my shoulder to hold herself from falling. When we finally calmed down she kissed me gently on my cheek. "It's okay, I'll call a taxi. That's probably safer than you having to walk me home." She walked towards the elevator and stepped inside. "Don't forget to wear a helmet!" I yelled jokingly right before the doors closed.

"What?" I asked when I saw the faces of the two Avengers. "Son, I think it's time for us to talk." Mr. Rogers said in his 'Captain America voice'. I held up my hands in surrender and backed away. "Nu-uh! Not gonna happen! I already got that talk, twice. Not fun."

Before they could force me to listen to them I ran away to the lab. I closed the door behind me and leaned against it. My face looked like I had seen a ghost, making Mr. Stark look at me weirdly. "What happened?" He asked. "Your two Avenger friends are trying to give me the talk!" I whisper-yelled. He laughed at me, standing up from his chair.

"Why did they try to give you that?" He asked with a light chuckle in his voice. "Because they saw me and MJ hold hands and when they asked me where we were going I said I was bringing her home and then they made weird faces and I wasn't sure if they were proud or something but then they said they needed to talk with me about stuff and MJ and I cracked up at it and when she left they wanted to give it to me but I've had it before and then I ran away and ended up here and now I'm tired. Mostly tired because of the talking I just did."