Chapter 12: Try to ignore

“Your absence has not taught me how to be alone; it has merely shown me that when together we cast a single shadow on the wall.”

Chapter 12: Try to ignore

Taehyung was in the University, and unlike his usual day, he become friendly and kind of talkative.

"Wow, for the first time, you did talk with us." Jiyoung said

One of his classmates, they were circling in their room.

"Sorry, just felt shy to talk with all of you." Taehyung uttered rubbing the back of his neck.

"It's okay, but you are blooming today." Nara replied while looking at him.

"Wuh-what do you mean by that?" Taehyung inquired tucking his hair behind his ear.

"I also noticed that I mean, you are beautiful but you are kind of looking stressed most of the time you are coming here." Jia also joined them.

"Just say you guys are jealous because he's good-looking, unlike y'all faces." Hero snickered and he got smacked on the back of his neck by Nara since they were sitting beside each other.

"That so mean." Jia grumbled rolling her eyes.

Suddenly, a familiar guy came inside the room enough to make them silent.

"I can't believe that guy is stupid." Jiyoung said preferring Jungkook who sat down on the left side.

"Who?" Taehyung asked curiously.

"That bastard guy, Jeon Jungkook, he really thinks he owns everything." Jiyoung replied.

"I really hate him, I wish he was not in this University." Nara tsked.

"If I could just punch him, I will do it with no hesitation." Jia grumbled while glaring at Jungkook.

"What do you guys mean?" Taehyung asked confusedly.

"Well, we're saying that you shouldn't get close or at least go near with him, he's a bastard and the demon's son." Hero explained to him.

"Isn't that too mean?" Taehyung inquired not liking how they speak to Jungkook.

"He deserved it, I don't want to see him here. Every time I saw him, I felt like I want to crush his face." Nara added shaking her head.

"What did he do to all of you to speak to him like that?" Taehyung asked curiously.

"He always acts innocent if he wants to get someone or something. Then, once he caught them, he will show his true color. He's such a psychopath." Jia stated.

"He only uses them for his own pleasure and will dump them when he's done." Nara continued.

"Then, if you are being unlucky, he will embarrass you in front of many people just to show how powerful he was. Such a bastard." Jiyoung clenched his jaw.

"I-Is that true?" Taehyung inquired kinda felt scared of what they were talking about.

"Yes, there are a lot of complaints about him but the University disregarded it because they got paid." Hero replied.

"So you should avoid him if you don't want to be one of them. Don't trust that guy, he's a dickhead after all." Nara warned him and patted his head.

Taehyung just smile and glanced at Jungkook who coincidentally was looking at him as well.

-----

Taehyung was walking in the hallway to go to the cafeteria and tried to ignore Jungkook for a while because of what he heard.

He almost yelped when he felt a hand grabbing his right arm and dragging him into the men's bathroom. He was pinned to the brick wall of the bathroom and saw Jungkook in front of him.

"Are you ignoring me, cupcake?" Jungkook asked and lifted his chin up using his finger.

"Wuh-what a-are y-you talking about?" Taehyung inquired trying to not look at him by wandering his eyes.

"Baby boy, you know what I'm talking about, don't you dare to lie to me." Jungkook replied.

His voice sends a shiver down Taehyung's spine. It was not soft and calm as usual but it was stern.

"I-I'm not lying, Jungkook ah, I-I'm just busy with our academics that's why it seems I'm ignoring you but I'm not." Taehyung tried to make up an excuse

"Taehyung, I don't like repeating myself." Jungkook warned him once again.

"Suh-sorry, I-I d-didn't mean to ignore you." Taehyung muttered clutching his fist on Jungkook's shirt.

"Give me a reason why would I forgive you, hm?" Jungkook retorted.

"I-I heard something about you." Taehyung mumbled.

"What do you mean? What did you hear about me?" Jungkook asked staring at him.

"T...they said you are just acting your kindness and once you caught your target, you will dump them again, and if they are unlucky, you will embarrass them." Taehyung stated, biting his bottom lip.

"So that means, you are scared of me just because of what they told you?" Jungkook inquired crossing his arms.

Taehyung nodded his head and fidgeted with his fingers.

"Well, they aren't lying, honey. What they said is true." Jungkook snickered.

"S-so, you admit it?" Taehyung asked looking at him with widened eyes.

"Yes, but it happened back then and it's just one person but they make a lot of rumor about it and said I did it with different people." Jungkook explained.

"You still did it." Taehyung muttered looking down.

Jungkook cupped his cheeks and he looked at Jungkook.

"If you are thinking that I will do it with you, cupcake, I don't have an intention to do it with the most beautiful person." Jungkook told him maybe he was genuine with his word.

"Huh-how can I trust you?" Taehyung uttered with a bit of pout on his lips.

"Do I have to kiss your pouty lips right now just to prove to you I'm genuine?" Jungkook snickered.

Taehyung's cheeks got 4x shades of red when he heard that. He immediately gently pushed Jungkook away and cleared his throat.

"I-It's okay, I-I trusted you now." Taehyung embarrassedly replied.

"That's good to hear, baby, I don't like it when you are ignoring me so please don't do that again." Jungkook said and ruffled Taehyung's hair.

Taehyung just nodded his head and didn't speak to respond kind of embarrassed to talk with him.