FUENF

Link crouched down beside the wooden figure on the ground still being lifeless. He sighed shakily as he examined the cut where his sword was buried deep down just minutes ago.

The magic was away now, the only evidence that something had been inside the doll was the strange dark veins that looked like they were leaking out of the cut. They were oddly angular around the edges. They almost looked like diamonds...

Link shuddered again and shook his head.

No, that wasn't happening. He was probably melted by Eldin's volcano after all.

Do you really think that?

Link got frightened terribly as he turned around instantly, almost unsheathing his sword when he realized that it was just Ram, rambling about what just went down.

"What actually happened?" He asked Link, his head tilting to one side, hair falling slightly into his eyes. Link remained in his position, turning the doll around to analyze it further.

'I don't know. Ram, could you please send me headmaster Gaepora out here to the training ground? Say that it is from importance.'

Ram nodded but was still hesitant. Link looked up from the figure on the ground into his hazel eyes and saw the actual fright resting under the surface.

The blonde batted the figure one last gaze before he stood up, approaching Ram cautiously. He squeezed his shoulder reassuringly as he lifted his hand to sign something.

'Listen. What just happened was an accident. It might have been a spell that a group of Remlits had put on them last night or something. Either way, nothing really happened. Take it as a lesson, never turn your back to an enemy. Now go and send me the headmaster please, okay?'

Link hoped that his smile came off at least a bit genuine. Ram sighed but his composure calmed a bit after that. He nodded, his red locks dancing on his forehead as he turned around and hurried inside the building.

The second the door closed behind Ram, Link's shoulders slumped down, smile leaving his face, making space for a deep frown. He turned back to the doll on the ground as he furtherly examined the wooden back of the figure.

His eyes traced over the head, down to the back of the doll. Worn down from all the training, various hacks being visible on the surface. The dummy was old, nothing really jumped into his gaze. He glanced over the shoulders, briefly realizing that it was still dusty around the edges, but it was safe so far.

Link couldn't feel any magical aura or something like this.

His gaze went over the hips of the dummy, narrowing his eyes. And then his eyes caught something.

Right above its hip, he saw some kind of notch in the wood big enough to contain a tiny item, small enough to be easily overlooked.

Link breathed in as he felt for the little opening, his fingers touching over a cold surface once he put them into the small notch. He took the item out of it, eyes darting go the object.

It was a blue gem.

"How...?" Link whispered as he shook his head again, sheer panic visible on his face. No, it must have had a rational explanation.

The door opened and closed again and Link recognized the steps as the headmasters.

"Link? Are you alright?" Gaepora sounded a bit concerned but otherwise tried to maintain his usual gleefully appearance.

Link didn't know how to answer that question. He didn't know what he was feeling. There was still fright because of the figure that became suddenly alive. There was anxiety, maybe because of the reason behind it. Heck, there was even happiness, glee because he felt reminded of his past adventures and felt the adrenaline. But also there was that urge to cry because of the terror he was also reminded of. The pure terror he only felt eight years ago on his journey.

So he just shrugged his shoulders, as his eyes remained on the small gem in its familiar color.

"Would you tell me what happened? Ram said something about a Remlit casting spells on combat dummies."

'Yeah, something like that...'

Link tried to explain what happened in his lesson before as best as he could. He even told him that he was taking out some of his energy on that exact wooden doll before his class started.

"Have you checked if the spell on that one was still intact too?"

Link shook his head while Gaepora nodded understandingly. "Maybe the doll was indeed prepared with a spell but not from Remlits," he said, his chin in his hand.

'I found that gem above its hip.' The blonde lifted the shard against the light, seeing his reflection on the surface.

"Do you know where it might come from?" Gaepora asked, a hint of caution in his voice.

Link gulped but nodded. 'I might. But it's really unlikely. Nonetheless, I have to ask you a favor. Please send out your best guards for the night's watch. I have a strange feeling.'

Gaepora nodded again, knowing that Link wouldn't share his assumption that easily.

The swordsman looked at the small shard, a frown on his face. The color was resembling his eyes, the color of the sky where he came from.

'The remaining classes will be canceled today.'

Gaepora nodded once more before he left Link alone with his thoughts.

~~~

Why was it a blue shard? Why blue? Not red? That would have been more obvious, Link though that night as he was lying under the blankets, turning the gem around in the light. He still saw his own reflection inside the gem.

If it would have been red Link would have been sure where the origins of the gem would have been at.

Link's mind traveled back to today's events. As the doll went alive, one of the first things he noticed was the dusty red magic that was flowing out of its chest.

After he shoved Ram out of the way, he parried with his blade one of the blows of the dummy.

Where has he seen that kind of movement before? He never parried with his blade only before.

His eyes burned themselves into the gem, fixing his reflection as if trying to read the answer out of his own face.

And when he landed the fatal blow right in its chest, the doll lost all its life as fast as it has gotten it in the first place.

Link blinked once, twice, focus still remaining on the shard as his frown deepened. His reflection was moving, somehow distorting itself into another reflection until brown eyes surrounded by white hair were staring back at him.

Link's eyes widened as he dropped the shard with a yelp to the ground. His heart was racing as a cold shower ran through his body.

...ky...ld

s...chi...

"No!" Link exclaimed, voice rough and scratchy from disuse. "You are dead. This isn't real!"

Link used his foot to push the shard further away from his bed and turned his back to it.

He wouldn't sleep well that night.

Well here I am with a new chapter. It is on the shorter side but I have like nine more prewritten. I hope you enjoyed!