NEUN

Hey!
I am a bit late but here is a new chapter! I ran this through Grammarly but otherwise, this isn't proofread.
Nonetheless, I hope you'll enjoy! Again, I'm like 600 words into chapter eighteen and I'm really excited to write on.

Link was leading the way since he had the best memory when it came to finding ways. That was maybe a result of living on the surface for so long.

They were mostly silent, only the clinking of the swords against his sturdy shield following them.

Phoshe was on her mother's arms, clinging on her like a monkey on a tree, smiling and giggling at the various plants around them. Link quite understood the amazement of the young girl very well.

Suddenly Link halted his step, motioning a hand behind him to follow suit. He carefully drew a sword with his left hand, lifting it slightly in front of him.

Out of the corner of his eyes, he saw a movement, an animalistic screech following shortly after.

Link reacted on instinct as the two red bokoblins jumped towards them. He got into the right stance before doing his vertical spin attack to launch them out of their way. With a sound of agony and a low thud onto the dirt, they disintegrated into mere air shortly after.

Another three followed them, blue in coloring, armed with clubs. One of them managed to throw a hit onto Link's right shoulder. He heard the disgusting yet familiar crack under his skin but ignored the pain afterward as best he could.

The swordsman launched another spin attack, this time with more force even. The bokoblins were thrown out of the way, disappearing just like the other two before had.

Link motioned to Zelda that they should probably hurry up a bit.

After that nobody dared to interrupt the hero of legend, the spirit maiden, and the forest child on their way back to the village.

Phoshe had hidden her face tight into her mother's chest, while Zelda drew soothing circles on her back. Link on the other hand felt kinda energized.

It had felt exhilarating to finally be able to kick some monster butts out of the way.

"Are y'all okay?", a concerned voice reached to his ears. Groose was jogging into their way, the builders left behind.

'Tell me. What do you know about monster activity around here?', Link signed a bit sloppily due to his cracked shoulder, eyes on the redhead's face. Groose frowned, hand on his chin as he thought a bit.

"Not much. Just that after the world was saved that it drastically decreased. Here in Faron it almost disappeared fully. But ever since then there shouldn't be any creatures roaming the forest. Why do you ask?" But when Groose mustered Link from head to toe he understood. The swordsman had bloodstains on his green clothing, scattered monster guts clattered on his black sword. He also noted how the hero was holding his arm in pain.

Groose ticked Zelda on her shoulder. "Tell Phoshe she can go play with some kids. We'll discuss the matter inside the hut. I'll bring a potion."

~~~

"No, that's impossible. Bokoblins went extinct over five years ago." Groose mumbled under his breath as he sat down on the sofa. He massaged his temples, as he closed his eyes briefly. "Are you sure?"

"Positive", Link said quietly, scratchy, after he had downed the red potion. He eyed the sword on the ground still having monster guts on the blade as proof. Only then he realized something. It was like a wave of hot water that went over him, spilling him wide awake.