ELF

Hey guys! I hope y'all still remember me? Work is stressing me out right now so i don't have mich time on hand at the moment so i'm sorry about the laaaate update. I hope it'll get better soon. I still have like 5 or 6 chapters in my drafts so I hopefully can update more often now.

I ran this through grammarly a couple times so i hope there aren't any huge spelling errors.

Flame_The_Spenix has informed me that this story has reached 1# in Ghiralink! Thank y'all so much :)) I hope this chapter won't disappoint:)

Anyways, this is a 2000 words long ride so enjoy!

Link left the village with sure and fast steps after bidding his goodbyes to Zelda. He needed to leave, he wanted to sort his mind and to know what to do.

"Fi? Where to?" A high chime went through Link's head before he heard her response.

>I would suggest going to where you encountered your first big battle eight years ago. It's from importance since there we'll be able to fill you further in. As well as to start of the quest.<

Fi's practical voice always grounded Link the way nothing else could. He heard another snort in his mind but paid no attention to it.

Link followed her request, the clinking of sword against sword filling his ears. It seemed... almost comfortable having two swords on your back.

Though the Skyloftian wouldn't ever admit that.

The occasional laugh of a Kikwi was heard on the sideways but other than that it was silent along his way.

He still remembered the location of the Skyview Temple as if he last visited it yesterday.

Link's heart was hammering inside his chest like he was being chased although his appearance told otherwise. On the outside he appeared calm, relaxed even. But on the inside... On the inside he was nervous, anxious. He was screaming internally, almost on the verge of crying.

He felt lost. And guilty. Heavily guilty.

Link's hands were slightly trembling, as he saw the peak of the Skyview Temple within his own gaze. He gulped heavily, as his steps went a bit heavier.

The entrance to the temple hasn't changed much the past eight years. It was still the same. The mushrooms were still radiating their lights as if it was yesterday.

At this point, Link was almost sure he only visited the Skyview yesterday amd fought Ghirahim the first time.

No. Don't confuse yourself, he thought.

"Any monster activities around here?", he voiced his question to nobody in particular.

A low chime entered his mind. "No monsters ahead", came the silky response from Ghirahim. "You can skip through the temple as if through your own home"

But Link readied his master sword nonetheless. Better safe than sorry. He only received another snort and a light chuckle.

He didn't trust him.

Not after what happened up in Skyloft. He was there. He saw him, he felt his arms around his neck. Sure this wasn't just an illusion. Sure this wasn't just a... a relapse.

Link felt like he was wrapped in a cloud. His mind was foggy, his heart pounding heavily in his chest as he made his way deeper into the temple. No monsters as of yet.

But you could never know.

Behind the next corner could linger the evil presence of Demise's remains. On second thought, the evil presence might linger on his back just the same.