EINUNDZWANZIG

"Yeah", Aura snarled as soon as the door swung close behind them. "When I said I would get you three an appointment with her majesty, I never agreed to actually be part of this. I want a refund, I never signed up for this shit."

Link completely ignored the small tantrum they had, as he stepped closer to the edge. His nose scrunched a bit together as a caustic smell reached it, making him dizzy for a second.

His eyes wandered over the surface, frowning as he saw some kind of goo in the basin. It was pitch black and crimson in color, pulsing like it was alive.

Link rummaged in his travel pockets for something he could throw in there just to test what would happen if anything came in touch with it.

He grabbed a stamina fruit. Looking at the neon green color for a moment, he closed his back, facing the basin again, ready to toss it over the edge.

As soon as it made contact with the goo, an audible hiss like a snake was heard, followed by another stinging smell rising in small clouds from where the fruit hit aim.

The unknown goo was highly poisonous then. They needed to be more careful.

As Link's gaze wandered a bit around, a green light caught his attention and he lifted his eyes a little bit further. A platform was resting on the other side of the basin.

He turned around, waving for Aura and Ghirahim who were arguing behind him. He waited a bit, still ignoring their babbling.

The knight lifted his hands. "Alright. This... goo down there is highly poisonous, so we have to be careful. One touch and your existence isn't more than a breathe."

Aura rolled their eyes. "Any ideas on how we reach the other side then, hero?", they sneered, still upset that they have to trail with the demon and the knight.

Ghirahim was faster to respond, "Have you already forgotten, that I can teleport, old goat?", he snarled, before he snapped his fingers.

Link waited for a moment, head tilting to one side as he watched the demon in front of him. Ghirahim grew angrier each time he tried to snap, but nothing happened. Wearily, he dropped his hand, crossing his arms i. front of his chest. "Well worth a try anyway. Seems like that goddess blocked parts of my magic."

Link frowned. "Can you still summon weapons?" Ghirahim eyed him. With a sigh he lifted his hands again. For a moment there was again nothing and Ghirahim started to deflate under his skin, before there was the sound of breaking glass echoing from the moist walls. Link nodded, relief dancing on his face. The rapier disappeared.

Aura coughed behind them. "Back to the problem. How in hell do we cross this tank? I don't wanna be sizzled by whatever that slime is anytime soon."

"Easy," Link signed, pointing to the green platform on the other side. "Somewhere in this room has to be some kind of mechanism to set it in motion. Once it's moving, it'll get us safely to the other side. Look for a crystal, button or leverage kind of thing."

Link's gaze travelled over the ceiling, looking for something mildly suspicious. The gears in his head were going full speed, as he felt like he was thrown back to the underground of the ancient cistern.

"I think, I found it. How do you want to reach it though?" Aura asked the hero, pointing at a hole in the wall a bit above their heads. It was indeed too far to reach with a simple swords slash.

Another sound of crashing glass was ringing through the room, followed by a rush of wind. Link's ears twitched as he heard the familiar sound of a successfully activated mechanism. He blinked one, two times as he saw the dagger laying beside the crystal.