~Chapter 7~

"The transports are being shot down! What do we do?!" I shout out as I start to see the green blaster shots slowly destroying the last of the Republic.

     "Come one give it full thrusters, full speed!" Poe commands the pilots.

     "I am sir," one of them answers.

     I hear another transport shot from behind us and I flinch. I run back inside the compartments to Leia and stay with her. I keep hearing blasters go off behind, beside, and ahead of us, plucking us off one by one. The transport we are in keeps flying to Crait, luckily not being hit yet. Poe is as scared as me and I look toward the cruiser to see it aiming itself at the First Order fleet.

     "She's running away," Connix states.

     "No, she isn't," Poe declares as we all look out at the cruiser.

     "She's jumping into hyperspace," I proclaim.

     "How will that do us any good?" Connix asks.

     "If she jumps into hyperspace, at the correct time, she can penetrate the shields and destroy the fleet," I proclaim.

     "All of them?" Poe wonders.

     "All of them, yes, but it will only penetrate, not destroy completely," I explain.

     We watch as the cruiser aims at the fleet, time seems to slow down as she jumps into hyperspace and it runs through every ship. A large explosion goes off, as the rest of the transports safely fly to the Crait.

.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

     "What about Finn, Rose, and BB-8?" I ask Poe as we walk around the old Rebel base.

     "Let's just hope they're alive," He says, turning to me and placing his hands on my shoulders.

     "What if they're not?" I ask him. He kisses the top of my head and hugs me.

     "They will be... I know it," He reassures me.

     "I told you not to kiss me anymore," I punch him lightly.

     "Eh, you know I'm not going to listen to you," Poe shrugs and I scoff at him.

     "I have a surprise for you though," He pulls away from the hug.

     "And what is that at a time like this?" I question.

     He leads me to the control room where the last of the Rebel Alliance sets up hologram tables and cleans the dirt and salt off the old holographic pads.

     "Show me already, Poe," I declare.

     "Wait just a minute!" Dameron says, he motions me to close my eyes and I reluctantly do so. A few seconds later he tells me to open them.

     "I can't believe it! CB you're alive!" I exclaim, kneeling and hugging my best-droid friend. CB beeps happily as she explains how she got out of the crash we were in.

     "That's so great you made it out of there and got fixed!" I smile and hug my droid once more.

     "Oh, I'm so happy CB is okay," I praise, standing up to thank him.

     We both walk out of the control room in the base to see Leia standing outside, looking at the untouched white plains.

     "General? Is everything ok?" I ask her.

     She doesn't answer me but still looks out at the horizon. I see a black blob slowly coming toward us. I run over to my bag that's placed on a pile of boxes and grab my binoculars. I use them to look at the black blob clearly, and it turns out to be a First Order ship.

     "They're coming shut the door," Leia commands on the comlink and we both walk back inside the base. I see the crystal critters running inside as the door slowly shuts. Even though it's a Frist Order ship, I didn't have a bad feeling about it. The ship makes its descent as the ground below turns from white to red.

     "Incoming!" A person yells and I run off to the side, grabbing my blaster from my bag that I never used until now. I can see explosions go off in the base and Poe is there shouting at everyone to move.

     "Y/N!" He shouts.

     "Over here!" I declare and get my blaster ready as the ship squeezes through the doors.

     Everyone bombards the ship by shooting it, I even saw Leia running up with a big blaster. I head over to the group of Resistance fighters and shoot my blaster at it. Hands quickly pop up from the window and I slowly pull my blaster down.

     "No no no no! Wait don't shoot! It's us!" I hear two people shouting from inside. Poe raises his free hand, signaling us to stop. I recognize the voices.

     "Hold your fire! Hold your fire!" Poe commands. I can see two figures slowly rising from the window and I smile.

     "Finn? Rose?" I question, but happily.

     "Finn! Rose! You're not dead!" Poe exclaims. "Where's my droid?" he asks and I scoff at his change in emotion. The door opens from underneath and the familiar orange and white droid rolls out happily.