Season 1 - The Bathtub

It had been twenty minutes.

Twenty minutes since I'd said 'over'.

Twenty minutes since I found out that Joyce, Hopper, Jonathan and Nancy were looking for us.

Twenty minutes since I gave away our location.

I sat on one of the battered seats, bouncing my leg to keep me sane. Eleven sat on the seat beside me, clutching my arm in one hand and the edge of the seat in the other. Lucas sat against the wall with his head in his hands, and Mike on the ground, protecting the walkie talkie with his life. Dustin on the other hand was pacing, up and down the aisle.

He had been doing it for fifteen of those twenty minutes.

"Will you stop pacing?" Mike snapped when he couldn't take it anymore.

Dustin paused for a moment but kept going back and forth. "It's been way too long. You know what? Maybe you're right. Maybe this is all a trap, and the bad men are coming to get us right now!"

"It's not a trap!" I shouted exasperatedly. "Why would the chief set us up?"

"Nancy, maybe," Lucas added slyly, making Mike throw his arms into the air. "But the chief?"

"Lando Calrissian," Dustin said again, referring to the Star Wars character.

"Would you shut up about Lando?" I snapped, rolling my eyes.

"I don't feel good about this," Dustin shook his head. "I don't feel good about this!"

"When do you feel good about anything!?" Lucas shouted back at him. Another moment passed, and suddenly, the sound of tires on dirt. I glanced toward the front of the bus, and then to the boys, and got up. They tried to follow me but I put a hand out to stop them.

"Stay right there," I said with my teeth clenched. When I reached the driver's seat, I saw two shiny black cars coming from either side. That definitely wasn't them.

"Shit," I said, immediately moving to the back of the bus. "Everyone down!"

The boys crouched behind some seats with Eleven at Mike's side, while I sat beside my brother.

"Lando!" Dustin panted. I elbowed him in the side.

"You think they saw us?" Lucas said, ignoring his friend.

"Both of you, shut up," Mike hissed. I listened to the sound of opening doors and slamming ones. I could hear feet crunching over sticks and the soft breathing of whoever was outside.

Just as I thought we were safe, I heard the opening of the bus door. I held my breath and put an arm around my brother who was as close to my side as he could get. As a foot began to climb the metal steps, there was a thud, a "Hey!" and multiple gun shots.

My eyes widened as I peaked out from behind the seat. The door opened the rest of the way, and I stood up when I saw Jim Hopper. He was holding his gun and was looking over at all of us.

"Alright, let's go," he said. When none of us moved out of shock, he raised his eyebrows. "Let's go!"

He ducked out of the bus and we all scrambled to get our things and go. We all had to squish in the chief's police car, with me in the front and everyone else on top of each other in the back. I didn't know where we were going, and didn't bother to ask, because I was just so relieved that the government didn't get to us first.

It was night when we drove into the Wheeler's driveway. Nancy immediately rushed out of the house to see her brother.

"Mike!" She sighed, embracing him in a hug. I smiled at the encounter, but it faded when I saw Jonathan looking at me from the door. He hadn't been forgiven for the photos... Not by me, at least.