Season 3 - Operation Child Endangerment

"That keycard opens the door."

Dustin paced back and forth in front of the window leading to the front of the store as Steve, Robin and I sat around that back room's table. Steve and Robin sat across from each other, I across from my standing brother, playing with the hem of Steve's socks. When we'd sat down to listen to Dustin's findings, Steve put his legs up on my lap, and I'd been too tired to care.

"But unfortunately, the Russian with this keycard also has a massive gun," Dustin told us with a frown. Before we went to Scoops, Dustin and I had gone up to the roof again to watch the Russians at the loading bay, "Whatever's in this room-"

"Whatever's in those boxes," I added, watching Steve twirl his sailor hat around. I had taken another day off from work so that I could be at Scoops, and was honestly surprised that my manager hadn't said anything about me barely being at work, yet.

"-They don't really want anybody finding it."

"But there's gotta be a way in," Robin sighed, staring at the ice cream scooper in her hands.

"Well, you know..." Steve said, chucking his hat onto the table, "I could just take him out."

"Take who out?" Robin asked, straightening up in her seat.

"The Russian guard," Steve answered as if it were obvious.

My eyes went wide and I snorted before putting a hand over my mouth to muffle my laughter, "You're kidding, right?"

"What?" Steve said, "I sneak up behind him, I knock him out, and I take his keycard. It's easy."

"Did you not hear the part about the massive gun?" Dustin said as Robin and I exchanged amused eye contact.

"Yes, Dustin," Steve said, "I did. And that's why I would be sneaking."

"Ah," Dustion nodded before turning away and raising his eyebrows, "Well, please, tell me this, and be honest; have you ever actually... won a fight?"

"Okay, that was one time-"

"Twice, actually," I corrected with a smirk, "Jonathan? Two years ago?"

"Listen, that doesn't count," Steve said.

"Why wouldn't it count, Steve?" I asked, resting my elbows on his shins, "He beat the shit out of you. Same with Billy! Lucas, Max and Dustin had to literally carry you to the car because you were unconscious."

"It was..."

"You got a fat lip, crooked nose and were knocked out," Dustin interrupted him.

"Not to mention a swollen eye and a lot of blood," I said.

"It was just a lot of things that all added up," Steve defended.

"Exactly," I said, patting his legs gently. He pulled them both away from my lap with an offended look on his face. Robin suddenly shot up from her seat, her bag in hand, and ran around to the front counter. Dustin, Steve and I all looked at each other before getting up, too.

We all went up to the window to see what she was doing, just in time to see her taking the money from the tip jar.

"Robin?" I asked as she bolted around the counter.

"Hey, Robin!" Steve said, running to the door with Dustin on his heels as I jumped the window, "Hey, what- what are you doing?"

"I need cash," Robin said shortly, looking at us while still walking backwards and to the rest of the mall.

"Well, half of that's mine," Steve whined, "Where're you going?"

"To find us a way into that room," she said, already out the store, "A safe way! And, in the meantime, sling ice cream, behave, and don't get beat up. I'll be back in a jiff!"