Season 3 - Family Comes Home

Soft sheets and blankets were strewn all around us, some underneath my body and some knocked onto the floor while others dangled halfway off of the bed. Our hair and clothes were all messy with our legs tangled together, matching the rogue blankets.

I sighed contently into Steve's mouth as we fell back onto his bed, fingers running through hair and trailing down sides. My head sank down into his pillow as I played with the ends of his hair, making him smile against my mouth. His hand rested on my waist, underneath my shirt, while the other cupped my face and pulled my closer.

His kisses were gentle and loving, as if I was something that could be broken if he pressed too hard. I kissed back with the same amount of passion, my cheeks rosy and lips swollen, butterflies swarming my stomach.

Make out sessions had become a regular thing with Steve, whenever his parents were gone or my family had left, and always made my cheeks heat up, no matter how often they were. Something about him just made me feel like I was always on a cloud - like I was falling, but I loved the feeling.

I giggled softly as Steve's lips moved back from mine and he began peppering kisses onto my face. My eyes fluttered open when he pulled away, and saw that he was looking down at me, lids heavy. His elbows rested on either side of my head, holding himself up. His hair flopped down over his forehead, nearly tickling mine.

"What?" I whispered, moving my hand to rest on his cheek, rubbing my thumb over his skin.

"You're gorgeous," he said quietly, turning his head to press a kiss into my palm.

I laughed lightly, leaning up to peck his lips, "You're so corny."

"I know," he said, a grin falling onto his mouth before he bent down to kiss my neck. He began sucking lightly on the skin, making me shiver.

I turned my head to the side, giving him easier access, when my eyes found the clock on his bedside table. It read 2:37.

"Bubba," I said, using his pet name and scratching his back lightly with my nails to get his attention. He hummed in response, listening but not abandoning post on my neck, "We have to go."

Steve let out a groan, making me laugh again. His lips left my neck as he collapsed onto the bed beside me, staring at me.

"Do we really, though?" He said, running a finger along my bottom lip as he stared at it, mesmerized, "I'm kinda liking our deal right now."

"Yes," I said with a small smile, catching his finger and moving it away...

"But do we really?"

"Yes, Steve," I said, smacking him on the chest lightly, "You still have to pick up Robin for your interview and drop me off at the Byers. If we don't leave now, we'll both be late."

Steve groaned again and turned onto his back, staring up at the ceiling. It had been three months since the fight in Starcourt, and to say everything was a mess was putting it lightly. First off, we'd all been put out of jobs after the fire burnt down the mall, so we were all looking for work.

It was Robin's idea for us to all apply somewhere together, so our plan was Family Video. While Steve and Robin's interview was today, mine was later in the week so that I could help the Byers finish packing. After Hopper's death, Joyce decided that her, Jonathan, Will and Eleven would be better off away from Hawkins and the Upside Down.

"You're a big baby, you know that?" I teased, sitting up and fixing my shirt. Steve rolled his eyes and sat up, too.

"Do I have to apply for this job?" Steve said, "It sounds boring."