- Phone Pal (Extra)

🦋

David and his son arrived at his wife's resting place before sunset.

While they were saying a prayer, David suddenly remembered the conversation he had with his wife earlier.

"Don't be too harsh on your son, he's still a child. After talking to him for weeks, I could tell that he only wants you to be proud of him.

Take care of your health, don't stress out yourself too much, I wouldn't be there to take care of you, I wouldn't be there to assist you, but, bunny is still there, so you have to be healthy for your son, and for your future grand children's sake, okay?

So, Don't be in a hurry to meet me here, love, I will wait for you, no matter how long it takes. I'll be hear, waiting.. I love you."

Tsk! I wonder if he knows how many women out there who's trying to get my attention.

With that thought, David giggles while he's wiping out those dust off his dear wife's grave.

"Mom, he asked me earlier if you're already seeing someone.."

"Huh?" Why so sudden?!!

"Then I said, I don't know, your secretary is beautiful, those women who are always there to drink with you and Uncle Kim were beautiful too, so.."

"Hoy!!" Geez! No wonder his wife were in rage earlier while asking him to look!

"Silly, I only have you." Then he took out his wallet and showed it to prove his innocence. "I only have my eyes on you, babe. So don't think of anything, okay?"

It's been 20 years since then..

And yet, somehow, it felt like all those things just happened yesterday.

Bunny is a married man now, he's got two kids from his previous marriage, while his now husband has a kid from the previous marriage as well.

After his dad's early retirement, Bunny decided to take over, and now the company's C.E.O, he also invest to the publishing company where he and his mom used to work, so Ofcourse, just like before, the office maintained it's glory, like he's still using it for work. His mother's stuffs were also still there, including the T-Mobile sidekick that he used back then to communicate with him.

Everything is okay, until, his dad suddenly fell ill .

The doctor said that his health suddenly deteriorate. And it's been tough since then, but he never complained about it, and always make sure to visit his dad, after work.

One Day, while he's on his way to the hospital, he received a message from his former secretary, she said that he left his phone in the office.

"Huh?"
"It's been ringing nonstop.."

And so he went there as fast as he could, but when he checked it, the phone is still off, like how it looks like after his mom ended the call , 20 years ago.

"I swear, I keep on hearing it's ringtone from the outside."

"Oh, okay.. don't worry about it." He took the phone with him and went to visit his dad right after.

Ever since David fell ill, it becomes so hard to encourage him to eat or to take his meds on time, cause all he ever did was sleeping, all day.

Bunny had a dinner meeting, so he had to leave the hospital soon, but before he left, he put the phone on the top of the table, and kissed his dad's forehead like how his old man used to when he was a child.

"See you later dad, I love you."

And that was the last thing he said to his dad, before David passed away that evening.

The nurse who's monitoring his dad's condition that time said, right after he left the hospital, the phone on the table rang, she was about to pick it up but then, his dad woke up, and told her that it's fine, and so, she left the room and let the old man answer it himself.

And before she closed the door, she heard him say..

"Hi Hon. Did you missed me?"

 Did you missed me?"

Phone Pal
The End.

* So, did you cry while reading the story? Me? Ofcourse Not! I'm a one tough man! I don't cry!! No! I didn't!