28

|Aiyana|

I woke up before everyone else so I could make sure I got home before my parents realized I was gone. I noticed Dasani squirming around. She rubbed her eyes staring at me with her eyes squinted.

"Do you realize that's it's 4am on a Saturday?"

" Yes but I'm grounded so I gotta get home before my parents wake up"

"Oh do you need a ride?"

"No I can walk"

" You are not walking, let get you an Uber then?"

"I'm be fine Dasani"

"No you don't it's dark outside come on"

We brushed are teeth and stuff and she took me home. The ride there was quiet we didn't really know what to say to each other. Once we pulled up she stared at me.

"Text me later okay... maybe we can hangout tomorrow or something"

" I don't know about that... thanks for the ride though."

I closed the car door and ran to the back door closely it softly as I walked in. I tiptoed up the stairs and took a deep breath when I finally made it to my room. Gabbi was sleeping in my bed. I decided not to annoy her since it was only 7 in the morning. I dozed off next to her thinking about what Dasani said. Yeah I'm still pissed at her I don't want a relationship with her anymore. I'm still broken from javon and all of this back and forth stuff has me so frustrated!! So I give up I'm graduating in a couple months and I plan to go to Spelman or Howard. Period. I probably won't even see Dasani after high school so why does it matter.
———————————————————————————
|Gabbi|

I woke up laying next to Aiyana. I checked my phone that read 11am. Today is Saturday and I have no plans whatsoever. Aiyana's phone kept dinging so I grabbed it to turn it off. I noticed she had about 15 missed calls from a contact that read "😞."  This seems important should I wake her up?.
I nudged her a little.

"Sissy wake up!!"

She groaned.

" What's wrong why you waking me up?"

" You have a lot of missed calls you may wanna check that."

"Omg it's probably nothing let me see."

She snatched her phone back squinting a little.

"Fuckkkk Gabbi we gotta go!! Call us a Lyft"

" What happened?"

"Nique got into a car accident, she's in critical condition"

I did as I was told and brushed my teeth and threw on some sweats and threw water on my hair.

Once we reached the hospital we went to the waiting room and see Yani's friends. I watched as she hugged Simone. I felt like a little outcast since everyone knows each other except me.. but even though my sister isn't always there for me I wanna be here for her. I have everyone a small little wave and sat next to my sister.

"Sis you want something from the cafe you didn't eat breakfast"

" Um yeah sure"

She got up to leave but I went with her. I wasn't finna stay with these people.  While walking to the cafe I noticed a familiar face.

" Um Yani I'll meet you there I'll be right back."

I noticed kabria was talking to one of the secretaries behind one of the counters. I tapped on her shoulder and watched as she turned towards me.