52

| Gabbi |

Let me give you guys a quick update. It's been a few months. It's November. Not too much has happened. Uh let me see. So I've been cheering. Me and ocean have been working on our friendship kind of.  I visited Aiyana for her birthday. Me and Kabria are doing great. We havent argued or anything like that in a long time. Her and Jalen are of course still best friends. He hasn't done anything to make me want to beat his ass yet so. But tomorrow is Kabria's birthday and I want to do something super special. For the whole day I'm gonna act like I forgot her birthday for the whole day and then I'm gonna surprise her with a surprise party. I invited everybody including sereah and amira because if I didn't there would've been even more problems.

I told bri to come over so we can run errands and she agreed. I heard the back door open and went downstairs. She ran towards me and gave me a kiss. It's cute how we've been dating for 7 months and we're always so happy to see each other .

" Hey baby you ready to go?"

She frowned.

" Do we have to leave ? Can't we just spend the day with each other?"

"We are I just have things I need to do"

" Gabbi are you being for real?"

" uh yeah ? Is something wrong ?"

She let out and annoyed laugh," Nope everything's fine let's just go"

I took my moms car and I was just making up random places to go. Kabria was getting more and more irritated. The party starts at 7 and now it's only 6. We had just left the mall and Kabria got into the car and she was extremely quiet and I was getting a little worried.

" You okay?"

I pulled out the parking lot and began driving towards the express way.

" Can you just take me home?"

" Why?"

"I don't want to be around you right now?"

"Ouch. what did I do?!

" Baee"

"Gabbi I honestly can't even believe you right now. You know this day means a lot to me and all I wanted to do was spend it with you. This isn't funny"

She looked at me with her teary eyes and I almost folded.

" This isn't a joke. I honestly don't know why this day means to much to you? It's just a Saturday"

" Ok."

"You look beautiful though"

I held her hand and she didn't resist. We pulled up to my whole and there was a lot of cars up and down my street.

" sorry my parents are hosting a little get together. I thought they would be gone by now"

We both got out the car and I held her hand as we walked into the front door. I took my key and opened the door and everybody jumped out. Kabria's mouth dropped. I made sure everything was decorated perfectly for her. I put her face on EVERYTHING. Literally. The food, the cake, the decorations, her signs. She turned towards me.

" awh baby you did this for me?!? "

" i would never forget your birthday. Happy 16th baby. Now enjoy your party"

She gave me a whole bunch of kisses and went to go say hi to everybody. The fact that this party is at my house and I barely know anybody here . I did invite dej and kiyah. Kabria was so very happy. I love seeing her happy it makes me happy. We did some karaoke and had dance battles. It was honestly super lit. There was a ton of people here good thing my house is big.

I went upstairs into the kitchen to get a knife to cut the cake. I was gonna head back to the basement but I overheard a conversation that I wasn't supposed to hear. Sereah was in the living room  next door and I heard a conversation were it sounded like ocean and sereah have some sort of flirtatious thing going on. I couldn't really tell because it was a FaceTime call. So my noisy ass went in there.

"Oh. So you and ocean talk now?"

She rolled her eyes.

"I bet your feeling a certain type of way huh. You know since you thought she was still in love with you"

" You don't know shit about me and ocean. But sweetie that's up to you if you wanna be somebodies sloopy seconds"

" Tuhhh. Not if I had her first"

" Bitch what!!? You ain't have shit first! Ocean only dated you to get back at me she's doing the same shit now! "

" Oops I hit a nerve. You sound pressed for someone who doesn't have feelings for her"

I didn't say anything because I don't have anything else to say to her.

"I stand corrected. Anyways im gonna head back to my bestfriends party, bye"

I hate her so much. She shouldn't get on my nerves this much but she does. It was finally time to cut the cake and we all gathered around and watched Kabria make a wish and blow out her candles. I cut pieces for everyone which took atleast 20 minutes. greedy asses. I threw the whole party by myself and it took a lot of work. I started picking up cups and plates because people were leaving shit everywhere.

I eventually got the time to sit down. I went down to the basement to sit on the couch. I don't realize that I was daydreaming for like thirty minutes. I snapped out of it when I seen Jalen and Kabria staring at me.

"Babe do you need some water. You zoned out for a minute"

"I did?"

She got up from the couch and rubbed the top of my forehead.

"Your scaring me"

"I-I'm fine just keep enjoying your party"

" no. I'll make everyone leave."

Before I could even let two words out she ran upstairs and came back 10 minutes later. At this point Jalen had left too.

" Can we cuddle?"

" whatttt, no birthday sex?"

"Nah I'll be okay, are you good though?"

"Ugh stop worrying about me it's your day"

"I can't stop worrying about you and I don't want to"

"Since it is your day we can cuddle"

We laid on the couch together and she climbed on top of me and laid her head on my chest. I turned on the princess in the frog because I love love love that movie. We were halfway through the movie when I realized she had fell asleep. She's even pretty even she's sleeping. I played with her hair for a moment. Then gently shook her. I just want to give her a goodnight kiss.

" babe. Get up real quick"

She squinted her eyes and looked up at me.

"Hmm"

"You didn't get your goodnight kiss"

I tilted her chin up and gave her a peck on the lips. She smiled a little and fell right back asleep. I grabbed onto her ass and fell asleep with her.

———————————————————————————

I haven't updated it yet but chapter 9 of in the dark is when Gabbi visits Aiyana. Just Incase y'all wanted to see what went down. It should be out Monday or Tuesday.