Chapter 1

After 12 months

Ever since that incident James has been acting more cruel; he has become more notorious; people fear just with his name but to me he is still that sweetest person who is head over heels for me. We are still living in Sicily for the time being until the whole Cassandra situation gets figure out. James has managed to keep my face hidden away from all of the other Mafia beside the one who had already seen me during my first night in Sicily. James has assigned Mark as my body guard again and now his wife Sophie lives with us as well in the same house. Jasper has been busy with his winery and enjoying his retirement whilst Liam is still busy protecting James and being by his side and obviously seeing Liam next to James makes my worriedness pass away. I can't imagine James without Liam by his side and vice versa.

My memories has return but not detailly; I remember how we first met; our first encounter; Liam's birthday and me shooting at Kyle; those were the memories that James helped me to get back and as he said it my brain partially remembered each and every moment, he was helping me to recall it; although I can't remember as clearly but I am happy with a half memories of mine; at least better than not remembering at all.

"good morning beautiful" James whispered kissing my cheek; I lazily opened my eyes feeling him next to me; the morning sun has managed to enter our room through the lacey white curtain; our white sheets and matching blanket makes the room more brighter; I remember the day when I opened my eyes in James room; how dark it was and seeing him sleeping next to me in this bright sunny room made me giggle "what's wrong?" he said nibbling my ear "nothing" I whispered and turned around to see this beautiful face; the sun makes his skin glow more; I traced my finger in his perfect jawline and slowly brought it down to his neck; I ran my hand on his broad shoulder as it shimmer from the morning sunlight "you are so beautiful" I whispered moving my hand to his muscular muscles; "and so are you" James whispered tucking my hair behind my ear; I looked into his brown eyes and wondered what did I did in my previous life time to get this man; i still remembered the night when Cassandra betrayed him; he slept through the night holding me close to him; the next morning he didn't talked to anyone, he just stayed in our room and stared out through the window; I tried my best to bring him back but I would only get his weak smile in return; Jasper and Liam ran back and forth from Jail to their warehouse deciding what to do; Jasper tried to involve James more into the situation but he was so broke; he shut all of us out; after couple of weeks James was back into reality he started to handle the other jobs and refused to work in Cassandra's case; he informed that he has nothing to do with her and if anyone discuss anything about Cassandra in front of him he will shoot that person down. For this past month we all have been acting as if nothing happened that night. I was traumatised as well, but I guess it broke James more and I understand him. He must be feeling the exact way that I felt when I heard my sister's confession.
"you ok?" James asked holding my chin and I nodded in response; I continue to look into his eyes and tried to read what might be going through in his mind regarding that night; "hey" James whispered again bringing me back to reality; I gave him a fainted smile and leaned towards him to kiss; James kissed me gently at first and our kiss became more passionate as he slipped his tongue inside of mine and groaned; and we made sweet sweet love feeling the bright sun on our skin; as the lacy curtain flowed with the wind; it has become part of our morning ritual now and I have no complain.

 After breakfast I received an email from my college asking me to confirm my placement back home; I gulped reading it and wondered how will i bring this news to James; I stared at the email and read through the list of places where I can do my placement and a shattered glass broke my attention; I look around and hear James "you are telling me now?"; I took my step towards the living room following his voice and there I find Liam with his packed up luggage; he was dressed casually in ripped jeans and a leather jacket; he darted me a look that I was unable to read, "you know what, fuck off, I don't need you" James hissed kicking an arm chair and throwing away the lamp which was standing next to him; "what's going on?" I asked looking at Liam then to James but both of them stayed quiet. I turned around only to see Liam slowly walking away from us holding his luggage.