Chapter 21

With a nervousness inside of me I headed inside of a little coffee shop. As soon as I stepped in two ladies who look very familiar welcomed me with a warm smile, "darling Rose, oh how have you been?" a middle aged woman asked as she pulled me in for a hug, "Tina, look who is here" she added looking behind the counter, "oh my god Rose, it is you" the lady behind the counter said in excitement and rushed towards me showing her excitement as I stood there confused, they sensed my discomfort and confusion as they stepped few steps away from me and asked "are you ok darling?", I looked at both of them with full confusion "do you know me?" which made both of them look at eachother and suddenly a laugh broke up between the awkward silence, "stop joking around, you got us there" one of the lady said and pulled me in for another hug, as I awkwardly hugged her with a weak smile finally Lucy showed up.

"hey" she whispered approaching me and the lady who hugged me finally let go of me, "I will bring your favourite vanilla latte darling" she said and looked at Lucy, "just ice coffee please" Lucy said with a smile. Both of us awkwardly made our way to a table, bit further away from the counter. "I am glad you remembered them" Lucy said putting her bags away, "what do you mean?" I asked Lucy in confusion "Tina and May silly" she replied with a smile, "who is Tina and May?" I asked again, "those two ladies" Lucy said pointing towards the counter, "do I know them?" I asked again trying to clear up my confusion "Rose, you used to work here" she said almost in a whisper so that the two ladies won't hear us, "I used to work here?" I asked myself. "yes, you used to work here......I came here so many time....to apologise, to amend our relationship but I didn't had the guts so I used to watch you from far away and go, I never had the strength to come inside and face you" she said trying to look away. "one day I finally had this weird strength in me so came in here to see you again, with all of my strength I managed to show up but you weren't there, when I asked them about you they said your boyfriend called saying you won't be working here anymore due to health reason......I was bit sad to hear it, it felt like all my hope were shattered but every now and then I come in here hoping to see you" she said with a weak smile. I remained silent as I gather this new information......i never knew about this and James never mentioned anything about it......why would he hide it from me? I asked to myself. "you ok?" Lucy asked with a concern on her face......" this is new to me" I whispered looking at her.......... Lucy looked bit upset about the situation "sorry......i shouldn't have mentioned anything" she quickly apologised feeling guilty. "no, thank you for filling me in" I said and asked myself why James hid it from me.

After talking for a while Lucy and I made up, after all she was the only friend I had, Lucy shared that she wanted to tell me about her and Kyle but Kyle brainwashed her that I wouldn't like the idea of it that is why she was scared.....she didn't tell me about them not because she she didn't wanted to but she was afraid that she might hurt me.

After farewelling Lucy, I still had some discomfort inside of me, all this time I was trying to find myself.... I wanted to know the real me and I was always open to James about it but the fact that he kept it hidden from me kind up angered me, he could have easily brought me here, told me about it.....i would have been able to add up the puzzle and figure out how I lived my life before I met him, not that it was any exciting but I would have still known me. "want me to pick you up?" a message from James chimed in my phone......"No I am seeing John" I lied......I sat in the empty parking lot and wondered how many things he may have kept it hidden from me.... "hello stranger" I heard a voice and when I turned around it was none other than John... "you ok? You look pale" he asked showing me his concern.....another message chimed in "I can pick you up from his home" another message from James, "ummm can we go to your house" I said in a panic mode, which made John more worried "yeah of course, are you ok though?" he asked me again and without any response I sat inside of his car.... "Rose, please talk to me" John said as he drove us towards his house and I filled him in....i told him how the two ladies knew me, I told him what Lucy said and I also told him how James kept it hidden from me" ........"I am telling you Rose, that mafia man is just manipulating you.....that's what they are good at, they will create a situation and manipulate the shit out of you....if he had loved you he would have easily told you about your life but no he is so obsessed with you that he wants to have you all by himself, that is why he took you to that fucking Sicily....or else why would he take you there Rose?" John asked annoyingly, "to keep me safe" I replied trying to defend James, "no that's what he made you think, he created this opportunity into a great position for him to take you all the way to Sicily and have you all by himself, where he can have you in his palm....you stayed in Sicily for a year Rose so tell me did you made any friend? Did you learn any Italian? What did you exactly did there except having your world revolve around him". I took a deep breath and began to process whatever John was telling me......which is very true even on the day when I told him about my wish to intern how upset he was, another message chimed in from James "Rose, reply back to me please, do you want me to come and get you from John's place?" he asked, "you don't know John's address" I replied to him furiously, "of course I know" he replied and sent me John's address which sent a chill down my spine, "No, I would like some space for now" I typed in and sent it to James. I hope I haven't anger him.