Chapter 47

Rose POV

I stayed in the living room, sipping on my warm coffee that Gloria made. I looked at the people that were outside, walking around or just standing up straight,  guarding the house in their black suit. This is how James grew up and this is the environment my kids will be raised up one day. The thoughts of me getting hurt numerous times questioned the safety of our non-existing child. Will they be asked to train as well at their young age just like James? What if it's a girl? Will they let her play with her barbie and dolls?

"What are you looking at?" James asked sitting next to me, "nothing, just stuff" i replied not wanting to worry him about my silly thoughts. I am sure James will do anything to provide best for our children, just how he does for me.

"We are having engagement party tonight" he informed me, being cautious with his words, he is probably worried that i will not like this idea, planning stuff without my knowledge but to be honest I am used to of it by now. I am used to of James organising everything and informing me at last minute. "Ok, do we have enough time to prepare it? I mean decorations and catering and stuff?" I asked him, "you don't need to worry about anything, just give all of your attention and focus to me" he mumbled, resting his head on my lap. "We are finally doing it" he murmured with a big smile on his face, "we still need to get marry, technically we haven't done it yet" i replied, running my hands through his hair, scratching his scalp. "Should we just do it tonight?" He asked which made me giggle. "James, you can't just wake up and get marry, you need to plan it, organise it" i whispered. "But lot of people do it in Vegas, should we elope?" He asked again looking all excited. " James, No. I want to marry you in front of all the people, with our loved ones around, like Daisy, Lucy, Liam..." "and your parents" he said cutting me off and those words took over the happiness that i was feeling just few seconds ago. "I went to see them" he informed, sitting up. I don't know how to react, i am not angry at him neither happy. "Why? When?" I asked him curiously. "Probably few days ago, to get a permission to marry you" he replied and i was able to smile. "Permission?" I repeated not believing him. "Yeah, after all they brought you into this world" he replied, gazing at me lovingly, "your mum asked for forgiveness" he whispered, cracking his knuckles. If i have to be honest i miss them. I didn't had the best environment, best upbringing. Every day was like walking over a mines field but i am all because of them. "The only person that needs to seek my forgiveness is Kyle, i don't blame my parents. I don't think I will be able to forgive Kyle but at least i think i deserve an apology from him, for ruining my childhood, for having to live my life without any support from my parents" i whispered and without my knowing i felt a wet patch on my hand, that were the tears coming from my eyes. "Come here" James ordered and pulled me in his arms. "I am sorry you had to go through it" he comforted me with his words.

"You can invite your friends tonight" he mumbled along with other comforting words and i know he is trying his best to comfort me. "Should i?" I asked him, wiping away my tears, " of course, you don't need to ask, you can invite them here anytime you wish, this is your home as well" he said reassuring me. "Should i invite Ana and John as well?" I asked him. He wasn't very happy with my question. "If that's what you want" he replied not making an eye contact. "John and i we talked, we are only friends" i murmured holding his warm hands, "that's what you thought" he reminded me, "it's been sorted, i promise it won't happen again" i replied trying to convince him, "it's not what i wanted to hear from you, i want to hear it from that jerk's mouth, i want him to tell me that he wouldn't do anything to you in future" he groaned, " he will" i assured him, sitting on his lap, "can i ask a big favour from you?" I asked him, trying as much as i can to distract him because i know James will not hire back John in his perfect sense. "What is it?" He asked, moving his hands up and down my waist, "did you buy voice for voiceless?" I asked him and he immediately stopped roaming his hands around me. He placed both of his hands on his chest and made a cross. "Hold me" i whinged pretending to fall but i know he wasn't buying it. "Why do you want to know?" He asked, "just wanted to confirm it" i replied, cupping his face. "Will you please consider hiring John back?" I asked him grinding on him, James lifted me up from his lap and placed me next to him, " this is not how it works" he mumbled. "Please" i whinged with a pout on my face, "i bought it for you" he whispered, and it made me laugh, i ended up laughing out loudly than i expected. "How can you expect me to work there and fill in John's position when i literally just finished my study? I haven't got any experience" i said, trying to make him believe that he wasn't making any sense. "Leah is there" he murmured, "you know Leah?" I asked him but then again, of course he knows every human being that exist in my life. "She is that Leah that Liam is dating" he murmured as quietly as possible, reading his environment, "you mean that Leah Liam mentioned?" I asked shocked, "yeah, but just pretend you know nothing, Let Liam come to us" he said again, "how did you know?" I asked, "when i was trying to....i rather not say it but yeah i found out" he murmured and i know he was probably checking on people that works around me, that's how he found out.

I sat there shocked, then it all made sense, the flower bouquets she used to receive with a name Liam. What a small world.

"Please, hire John back" i whinged trying to win him. "No" was all i got for his answer, "please" i whinged again, following him around. "I am going to follow you until you say yes" i said, following his steps, "not that i mind, i can at least have you in front of me" he said chuckling. Of course, it's a win win situation for him. "Fine than, i am leaving" i announced, turning away my heels from him. I looked behind me with my side eyes to see if he is following me, but he is not. It's not really affecting him. "James" i called out his name and ran after him. "Please" i begged. "The designer's coming in with some dresses for you" he informed not looking at me and that gave me an idea. I know what exactly will make this man fall on his knees and accept my request. "Cool" i replied and walked off knowing what's going to happen later on.

I quickly gave a call to Lucy and Daisy; they were delighted with the news. I promised to message them the address once i get it from James.

With a wild thought in my mind i patiently waited for the designer to walk in. With a knock at the door Mark walked in followed by a neatly dressed up lady on her high heels. She is definitely very eye catching, suddenly i became so self-conscious. No matter how much i try, i will never look like her, someone so beautiful as if they have walked right out of some cover magazine.

"Hi Rose" she greeted me with her warm smile and i nervously nodded my head like a retard. " i don't know if you remember me" she commented, trying to read my reaction and i have no memories of her in my head. "It's all right, you probably have many important people to remember" she said casually and i find myself being rude. "Sorry" i apologised, "don't be" she replied with a very friendly smile.

She dragged the rack in, which was filled with multiple dresses covered with some plastic, "this is for Mr. Costa" she said pulling out a grey gingham print suit with white shirt, "i don't know if he would like a tie or not, usually he doesn't like to wear it" she filled me in pulling out a black tie and a black handkerchief, "if he want to we can colour coordinate it with your dress if not than we can match up with his cufflinks" she added, pulling out a small container filled with velvet boxes, she carefully opened up each box and laid it up on top of the bed, next to each other. I gulped seeing all these choices.

"Ok" i nervously replied to her, eying on the cufflinks, maybe she could read how nervous i was being, "there is nothing to worry about, why don't we start by choosing your dress?" She asked, pulling the rack closer to us, "Let's choose, one matching with the tie and another with cufflinks" she advised with her sweet smile and like a fool, i went along with her.

After tossing and turning i finally chose a black dress to go with his tie, it was a floor length dress with a slit until my thigh and my sleeves were made of beautiful lace, "i noticed that you like lace so i have incorporated lots of laces with today's outfit" she said looking at me and i responded with a smile.

I than pick another gold sequins, floor length, ball gown to match up with his gold cufflinks, in case he chose to not wear a tie. I began to eye one more dress, to work on my magic with him, to convince him. I tossed and turned all the dresses that were beautifully hanging, "anything specific that you are looking for?" She asked, "just a backup dress, just in case i ruin my cloth during the party" i lied, with another smile she handed me a black cocktail dress, "i know this is not floor length but it would be perfect to change into during the party when you are tired of dragging your long dress" she recommended, i studied the dress from top to bottom, the spaghetti strap and the tulle flowy part at the bottom didn't really sound sexy to me but i decided to go along with it, i didn't wanted to refuse it while she is recommending it to me.

She handed me some high heels, matching jewellery and a clutch, "and the special necklace" she said handing me a python necklace, which looked very similar to what i wore in Sicily.

"I should leave now, just call me if you change your mind or if there is any issues with the outfits" she said, pushing the racks.

I stare at the dresses and his suits, never in my million dreams i had imagined myself in a situation like this. People coming to you with what you need. Being able to wear this dresses that i could only dream of.

I put on the black cocktail dress that i chose before and looked at myself in the mirror. I can never be as beautiful as the lady who came in here before, she had flawless skin, body like shape of hourglass and hair so gold. Suddenly i started to get so conscious about my look and my body. I don't know what James sees in me. He can easily have any girl that he wants and look at me, i have nothing. I stare at my own ugly reflection in the mirror and the more i stare at it the more horrible i found myself.