Chapter 25

Rose POV

With a smile plastered on my face I hummed and made my way to my apartment.....the lift was just stuck on the top floor and was taking it forever to come down so I decided to take the staircase.....i feel the burning sensation on my feet so I decided to take my shoes off and walk up the staircase....just when I was about to open my floor level staircase door I hear some noise.....i gently opened the door.....making sure to have only enough space for me to look through....i find lot of men around my apartment door.....the door to my apartment was opened and I could sense that they were looking for me....just as I was about to close the staircase door I find Josh coming out of my apartment...he was on the phone with someone...."no, she is not here yet....i will send the men to warehouse for our tonight deal and I will stay behind in her apartment" he said. He is here for me...I feel my palms sweaty and heart beating faster.... fuck...I whispered to myself and slowly closed the staircase door and made a run for my life. I ran so hard not looking back.... knowing if I don't escape now this might be my last breath. I made my way to the dead quiet parking lot and now I regret for not buying a car....i huffed, trying to gulp my own saliva as my throat began to get drier and drier....my legs were about to give up....and my hope to escape from here was slowly dying off....with all my strength I managed to make my way to the main street....there I see a bright yellow taxi....without thinking anything I climbed into it...trying to catch a breath. The taxi driver who was in his own world looked frightened seeing me at the back seat with no warning.... with my heavy breath...... "are you ok maam?" he asked with a concern...... "yeah" I replied trying to maintain my calm. I took my phone out of my pants to ask James for his house address only to find my phone dead...... "have you got any charger" I asked the driver and he apologised with a very heavy Indian accent. "where would you like to go maam?" he asked me, and I had no idea.... after looking back and forth....and my surrounding "safest hotel" I mumbled.

I checked into a hotel, bit further away from my place hoping to be safe here until James find me. I requested for a phone charger and headed to my room. The fresh crisp bedsheet began to call me and having the longest and tiring day today I crawled into it and within a second I fall asleep.

James POV

"Hurry up" I yelled at Liam as we drove towards Rose's apartment, not this time, please not this time, I prayed hard and called upon my mum who passed away to keep Rose safe. "Here" Liam said stopping the car and I immediately made my way towards her apartment.

I can see a black SUV in the parking lot, and I know they are here for Rose, with anger filled inside of me I pressed the button for lift and for some reason it's not working so I decided to take the staircase. I knocked on her apartment door hoping for her to open the door and to my surprise I hear nothing from inside. With some panic build inside of me i looked on the keypad to open her door and noticed that it was broken. "Fuck" I mumbled to myself as Liam began to open the door using his card and instantly the door open. I slowly made my way inside of her apartment and find no visible signs......I slowly made my way more further in and noticed a shadow on the floor, coming from her kitchen.....as sneakily as I could, I made my way into her kitchen and barged in behind the kitchen counter, there he was, Josh.......the same guy who was flirting way too hard with Rose back in Sicily, the same guy that was with Cass that night. Our eyes met and before he could speak, I shot him on his head with no mercy, hearing the shooting noise few of the men appeared from Rose's bedroom and bathroom. They looked scared to be honest....they looked at Josh dead body lying on the floor, I could sense their nervousness as their body moved side to side and back and forth looking at each other, deciding on who should make their move at me first, "I don't kill cowards, tell your boss to have some balls and fight me......if anything.....anything happen to Rose, even a single scratch than I will fucking kill each one of you" I said looking at them one by one. Before exiting her apartment, I turned around and my sudden turn made them nervous as they looked at me with their pity eyes "it is very rude to break into someone else house and leave it like it is, fix the keypad before Rose gets here, got it?" I ordered them and they all mumbled "yes" with their shaky voice.

I am kind of relieved that Rose was not in the apartment but not knowing her whereabout is pissing me off. I have been trying to call her since I left Sicily but each time it has been going in voicemail. I have left her hundreds of voice mail and sent her another hundreds of messages asking her location and I hear nothing from her. It's annoying me and scaring me at the same time. "Let's go to John place, he might know" I ordered Liam as he started the car.

Last time I saw her she was pissed at me; she was pissed that I didn't tell her anything about her working in a café and if I have to be honest it never came in my mind. I prioritise our first collision, our first kiss and the very first time we made love, everything else just disappeared in the background. It did hurt me when she accused me of being a manipulative, control freak boyfriend but because of moment like this I tend to be very protective of her. I need to know each person she meets in her life and her every move not because I don't trust her or I don't have any faith in her but more because I fear for her safety, I fear of losing her. Suddenly the thought of losing Rose made me nervous, did she decided to leave me again? I asked myself. She was pissed when I left and the way she is not responding to me......is she ignoring me? Is she cutting me out of her life? The thought of her leaving me again......the thought of living without her again gave me a panic attack, my knees began to shake, and my palms were sweaty. I have never been this nervous before and the thought of her leaving me.........is scaring me.