Chapter 23

"Fine, I admit it, I had a crush on her, I liked her" John took a long frustrating sigh and it surprised me to see him like this, he always looks so composed and someone who always had their shit together. "see, this is what I was trying to explain to you Rose, this shit face just wanted to get in your pants" James yelled as Ana stood there unshaken as if she knew every bit of it.

"she was so mysterious, she always wore this big band tee shirt with her hair tied up, I thought she was into some Emo shit but I was wrong, the more closer I went to her the more layered there were to be unfold, she never talked to anyone except for Lucy, she looked so distant from the world, always so afraid as if someone was about to pounce on her, I was very drawn into her and without knowing I started liking her. I slipped a note in her bag once, but Kyle caught me, he ripped off the note and told me to back off and like any teenager I did, I shouldn't have, and I regret it most. I began to admire her from far away.......there were times when I followed her home just so that I know she have reached home safely; there were times when I sneaked some chocolates in her desk just to see her smile" John then looked at me and his eyes were full of embarrassment, he was ashamed of what he did.

 "I am sorry Rose, I should have stepped in at that time but I was blinded by the normality when you had nothing called normal, after I saw you years later, you still looked same, so sad and vulnerable and all my feelings for you just came back out of nowhere as if it had never gone away, all I wanted to do was to protect you" He murmured showing me his back. "well I am here for that and you need to back the fuck off" James growled grabbing John's collar; "Rose, I am so sorry if I have hurt you, please understand, it was not intentional" he said ignoring James whose face was just inches away from him, his eyes were blood shot red, his face visible with the emotions that he is going through; I pulled James hand away from John's collar; "No John, don't be, you did nothing wrong; I would have done the same if I were in your position; and yet after all this year you helped me in my most vulnerable time; I am so thankful and grateful for all that you and Ana have done for me; no one else would have; thank you for liking me John but please get this in your head that what happened to me was meant to happened, no one could have change it, not you, not Lucy but just me; I did managed to get away from there but thank you John for everything" I gently placed my hand on his shoulder and looked at Ana hoping that she wouldn't mind but instead I see her smiling, a smile to show how relief she is; I gave her a weak smile and pulled in John for a hug; "everything happen for a reason, we can't dwell on the past but all we could do is learn from it and move forward and let me assure you, you did nothing wrong" I patted his back as he choked in his own tears and his head fell on my shoulder as if he was relieved to hear it. We stayed there for a while as the silence took over the room. I turned around and find James standing at the door, staring at me with his jaw clenched, I know he is angry but at this moment all I wanted to do was to calm this man down who have been there for me when I needed the most.

I awkwardly gave Ana a goodbye hug and patted John on his shoulder, "will give you a call soon, good night" I said trying to comfort him.

I noticed Liam in the driver seat, giving us a smile. James opened the backside door for me and I ignored it, I opened the front passenger side door and sat next to Liam, I could feel Liam confusion as I notice his head moving back and forth with the side of my eye, "can you drive us to my house please" I told Liam fully ignoring him. The whole drive was very quiet filled with silence and Liam's weird fake try on clearing his throat.

Once we got to the carpark, I requested Liam to step out of the car and without any question he happily obliged. It was me and James in the car now. I am really upset with him right now and I hope I do not fire any words that might ruin our relationship again. "James, you have overstepped this time" I mumbled trying to be as calm as possible. "I told you I need a space but instead of giving me my space you went overboard and hunted me down as if my life was in danger, I love John but just as a friend and I know John is just confused now, the thing he feel for me is not love but a pity. You need to stop controlling me and stop being over protective James, I am trying my best to give you a benefit of doubt but every time you do stuff that just mess everything up" I mumbled again turning my head towards him and I notice him in the back seat with no expression. "James, I am so grateful for all the love you have given me and I am the happiest person when I am with you, I know you will always have my back but James you need to stop this habit of yours, controlling me, tracking me is not love it's an obsession which is not very healthy" I said looking at him, trying to reason out. "so you meet this white collar guy and suddenly I am the obsessive boyfriend to you?" he asked raising his eye brow, "James, No..." he lifted one of his hand up and cut me off "I Love you Rose, your safety is my concern, how many time have you been hurt because of me? I knew he had a feeling for you that is why I went there because I was afraid, I was afraid of losing you" he said bringing his face closer to mine, "you were afraid of losing me to a guy who is happily married with a child? I am not a home wrecker" I said gritting my teeth, "but he did agree on having a feeling for you Rose" James said reminding me. "James, you need to start trusting me, Have I ever cheated on you? Have I ever made a move on anyone? I love you James and I don't know what else I can do to prove that my love is genuine for you" I yelped feeling lost. "stop talking to him than, I don't trust him" he mumbled cupping my face and it pulled out the trigger "just like I stopped talking to the coffee shop ladies?" I asked him with an anger, I pushed away his hand and yelled "you are one fucking manipulative bastard, all this time you knew how much I wanted to know how I lived but you said nothing about it instead you took me all the way to Sicily, what gave you a right to make me quit my job behind my back, what right did you had to hide away these little thing, I know it wasn't much but it would have been enough to clear my curiosity, it would have been enough for me to know that there are people who care about me enough". With rage and anger filled inside of me I stepped out the car "I am not your fucking toy, you do not own me, I am a person of my own and no one has right to take away that from me you get that?" I yelled again kicking his wrangler, "baby, calm down" he whispered trying to hold me, "don't you fucking touch me, you selfish asshole" i screamed pushing him away from me. "I am so tired of this, tired of being control by you, tired of you overshadowing my life, can you please let me be me and do things simply because I want to do it not because you think it's safe for me" I said looking at him with tearful eyes.