Chapter 40

Rose POV

I stepped out of the bathroom and noticed a beautiful stack of pancakes and a cup of coffee, i looked around for James but he was nowhere to be found. I know he is pissed at me but i do not know the reason. Just when i was about to have a first bite of pancake, i heard a doorbell, i find Ana's face in the intercom, I am confused and shocked to find Ana here without any notice. Without any questions i opened the door for her and i patiently waited for her to come upstairs.

"Rose" Tia yelled running towards me with her biggest smile, "pancake" she said eyeing the stacks of pancakes with her wide eyes, would you like some?" I asked her and with a biggest smile she nodded her head, i handed Tia a plate of pancakes and watched Ana as she stood there, pissed.

"You ok?" I asked her curiously, "can we talk in private?" She questioned eyeing at Tia and i understood her, i guided her to my bedroom and as soon as we entered she shut the door close, "John handed me this, this morning" she murmured throwing some papers over my bed, i eyed at it wondering what might it be, "Divorce" was the only word that i could read which was written in capital, bold letters, "are you guys getting divorce?" I asked her confused. " i knew he had a feelings for you Rose but i kept it all aside and helped you heal, i took care of you like my own sister, i took care of you during your pregnancy, looked after you when you were going through rough times and now you want me to handover my husband to you?" She asked which confused me. "Rose stop pretending like you know nothing, John told me after he met you last night, he was sure of his feeling being genuine towards you, I don't know what happened between you yesterday, all of a sudden i woke up and my family is in the brink of breaking" she stated, sobbing. I am confused by her accusation and John's actions towards her, i do not recall seeing John last night. I am one of those people who doesn't remember anything after getting drunk, i sleep like a log.

I tried my best to recall any of last night event and all i could remember was getting a tattoo and getting drunk. We met after so long and it was an obvious reason for us to get drunk. I assume James picked me up but then the memory of him ignoring me this morning played. "I am begging you to stay away from him please, Rose" Ana requested with another sob, " all these years we have never had any issues, he made the call and i always go along with his idea, i spent all this year's being a perfect wife that everyone dream of and then you came into our life, you woke up all the buried feelings that John had for you and now he wants to leave me, what will happen to Tia, what will happen to our little family?" She asked, kneeling down and her sob slowly turned into a cry. It breaks my heart to see her like this. Ana accepted me for who i am and had always been there for me, weather it was for my comfort or just to keep me company and now knowing that i am the person behind her sorrow makes me hate myself, " Ana, i seriously don't know what happened last night, i do not recall seeing John, if it helps than let me assure you my feelings for John is just genuine friendship, i feel nothing more than that, i love John equally as much as i love you. My apology is not going to numb your pain but i will still like to apologise, i am sorry for coming into your life, if you want me to disappear than fine, for your happiness i am willing to cut off every ties with John" i reassured her, holding her into my arms, trying to comfort her as she began to cry out more, clinging onto me.

"Would you like me to talk to him?" I asked Ana as she calm herself and was about to leave, "i don't think it will help Rose, his feelings for you is undeniably strong" she murmured, holding Tia in her arms. All i could do was give her a weak smile.

I do not remember anything that had happened last night, but i know I have done bad enough to piss James off and break Ana's heart.

"Can you please pick me up?" I message Liam, "Mark is in the parking lot, or do you need me specifically?" He replied, "Mark will do, can you let James know that i am coming over?" I messaged him again, "No miss, i am not involving myself in your childish fight, he is pissed, and you let him know that you are coming over" he replied. Uughh. Guess i will just go without letting James know or else i know he will do anything to ignore me. I called Lucy asking about Last night event. "Mate, you and your sister were hammered, Lucky we bumped into John, he drove us home" she said filling me in, "john" i confirmed, "yup" she replied. "Did James like your little gift?" She asked with curiosity in her voice, "i haven't got a chance to show him yet" i replied. After our chat which lasted for another couple of minutes we hung up.