Chapter 4

"I am so lost Rose, I thought we were happy, what went wrong? Don't you love me anymore?" he asked me choking on his own breath, "no, no James, I never stopped loving you" I replied trying to comfort him; "then why?" he looked at me with this pretty face that was messed up with his swollen eyes and wet tears; I was confused; does he know about my placement? Or is he asking me why I am afraid of him? I looked at him and wiped away his tears, not understanding his question as James asked again "why Rose?", I stood up and snuggled in his lap; I placed his head on my chest and ran my hand through his hair; "in this 12 months, I was able to see your each side James, and no matter how ugly those sides were, it only made me fall for you more, I don't know how we were before but now, I am confuse James, I know it's the situation that have changed but slowly I began to find changes in you as well. You no longer laugh at my jokes, I need to think twice before I speak, I am afraid not because I think you will hurt me, I am afraid because I don't know in which moment I will end up hurting you" I whispered in his ear, letting a streak of tears roll down from my cheek; the tears managed to roll down from my chin to his eyes as he pulled himself away immediately and read my face; "oh baby, I am so sorry" he mumbled wiping away my tears; "I didn't knew you felt this way, I am so sorry my love, I am sorry for being selfish, I am sorry for thinking only about me, I am sorry for everything" he said as slowly as he could, cupping my face. "you need to let me get through your mind James, I want to know what you are thinking, I need to know what you are going through because the more you try to hide from me the more distant it will create" I mumbled and the word distant made my heart beat fast again; how am I going to tell him about my placement. "I am sorry" James whispered again underneath his breath but loud enough for me to hear. He pulled me closer and rested his head on my chest as I gently stroked his hair, massaging his scalps underneath the starry sky.

We stayed holding each other, being lost in our own thought; these stars, the moon and the sky became witness of our fragile love; "I love you so much Rose, promise me you will never let go of me" James mumbled tightening his grip around my waist; "I will never stop loving you" I mumbled back, leaving a peck on his head. We were distracted with the loud whistles and clap; the piano has stopped playing and I am assuming that people are probably clapping it for the men who played it beautifully. I looked up to the sky again, not getting enough of these deep blue beauties; "so beautiful" I whispered without realising; "not more than you" James whispered playing with my hair and leaving a trail of kiss from my neck to my shoulder. "I think we need to eat something, I am hungry" I complained trying to get off from his lap, but he had another plan, "no" he whinged and pulled me back; James managed to pull down my dress strap off from my shoulder and began to kiss in the spot that he is aware of, the spot which make me go weak and wild; he gently sucked it as I tremble feeling the sharp pain "I am hungry" I reminded him again in my whingy voice and pushed him away; James finally stopped and grabbed my left hand, he stared at the ring that he had placed in my finger a year ago, he looked happy seeing it "you still have it" he said shyly and kissed it. He then looked into my eyes as if he was trying to read me; "what?" I asked him confused by his sudden reaction; "you want me to tell you what's in my mind?" he asked me and I nodded in response; "why don't you start first?" he asked me again as if he has found out the secret that I have been keeping away from him; I got startled with his demand and I instantly became nervous, I began to fidget my finger and I swear if the lights were more brighter in here he would have seen how red I have become; "what are you hiding?" he asked me with an raised eyebrow as if he knows what I was really hiding; "did Jasper told you?" I asked him curiously, James moved his head bit further away from me with confusion and asked, "told me what Rose?"; I bit my tongue in disbelief, seeing his reaction I could tell Jasper haven't told him anything about my placement; I nervously lied "about me being afraid?"; James took a long breath and nodded his head; "he told me that I haven't really taken care of you lately, he was worried about me, you, generally us; he reminded how lucky I am to have you and how grateful I must feel to have you in my life" he confessed; I breathed finally feeling relieved; the knot in my stomach that I felt earlier had vanished out of blue, my breathing became normal and the heart began to calm down. I feel guilty hiding this away from him, but this moment is too beautiful that I didn't wanted to ruin it. I promised myself I will tell him bit later and gulped down the wine straight from bottle; James looked amazed with the way I was drinking so I playfully saved bit of it in my mouth and placed my lips in his; I tugged his hair and moved his head back, making him to rest his head on the edges of the chair and gently released the delicious wine into his mouth. I hated the taste of wine just a year ago and today I am hooked up with it. The wine tasted more sweeter as I sucked every bit of it from James tongue and he moaned in response, "I want you so bad" he whispered against my mouth and I playfully grinded on him giggling.