Chapter 5

Breaking away from my thoughts I opened my laptop and began to research the company I was about to start my placement at. Voice for the Voiceless. I typed their name in my search engine and I was instantly brought into their website. I learned that they rescue children from the streets and help them to find foster home; they also fundraise to build school in remote areas for the children who are less fortunate. I was very much pulled into their mission and their philosophy; I began to search more and find how they support children who have been abused or had went through traumatic experience. It somehow made me happy that at least there are people who are willing to help people like us but again it made my heart break thinking why do it even happened in the first place.

My loud vibration from the phone made me break away from my thought

James: good morning beautiful

Rose: Morning

James: did you eat anything?

Rose: Not yet

James: what are you doing?

Rose: just doing something

James: Like?

I began to panic, what do I tell him? "Nothing, really important" I lied to him. I made up an excuse and cut off the line. What do I do now? How do I tell him? He is not going to like it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All day I have been thinking how to let James know what I have been plotting behind him. I am afraid to bring this subject because lately he has been very sensitive and departure from Liam has made it harder.

I gulped down some wine and immersed myself in this grapes field view, I nervously fidget my finger as my brain kept pestering me about the situation I am in right now, just then I hear a car pulling over; I quickly ran towards the main door and find James's car. I stood at the door with huge smile plastered on my face as he smiled back at me and took each step closer to me; "I missed you" he mumbled pulling me into his arms which made me giggle. "what's funny?" he asked looking at my face and suddenly my brain reminded me about my internship; "hey" he whispered lifting up my chin, trying to read my face; my heart started to pump faster and suddenly I find my lips dry; I opened my mouth to say something but I didn't knew where to start; I could clearly see James getting worried with my each action as he fixed his gaze at mine, trying to study my face; "we need to talk" I finally said, clearing the dryness from my throat; "ok" James replied still confused, I nervously played with my finger and walked towards our room with my shaky knees as James followed me.

"what is it?" James asked closing our bedroom door and I was unable to find the correct word; I know James will hate it, after everything that has happened in this 12 months I know James will not be able to accept me going back home; I saw how hurt he was when he learnt about Cassandra, and Liam's departure made another cut in his old scab. "Rose, talk to me" James said almost in a whisper which brought me back to the reality; I stepped further away from him and turned my face away, I couldn't bring myself to face him and I can only imagine a horrible outcome from this news

Rose: I need to fly back home

James: what do you mean? This is home Rose

Rose: I mean I need to go back to states to do my internship

James: But we need to stay here, uncle John just got out, lets figure these things out and we will fly together

Rose: it will take ages James, till then I will be done with my internship