Chapter 6

Chapter 6

BEANS POV:

My mom died.

Car accident.

Drunk driver.

I think you understand.

The drunk driver was taken to the police station with MINOR INJURIES. While my mom died from her injuries.

Why did she have to die. She was innocent. She wasn't the idiot who was drinking while driving. She wasn't the one who ran into a car. She wasn't the one to survive.

She wasn't the one who lived.

It was an hour after Olive had asked me to the park. My other mom came running up to me with tears in her eyes and told me what happened.

My mom kept asking me if I was doing alright. That was a stupid question since she already knew the answer, but I didn't tell her that I was breaking on the inside.

I always kept to myself. Never asking people for help and never telling them when I was miserable, angry, stressed, or depressed. Not even my parents...or I guess just parent now.

It was already 2 am and I was still awake staring at the ceiling, just...thinking.

I remembered that Olive wanted to talk to me about something. I couldn't just bail on them so I had to go. I had to be tough...for them.

xxx

It was Saturday night and I hadn't slept the whole night. Probably because I was crying the whole night.

I got out of bed my limbs feeling heavy. I look into my mirror and cringed at the mess  I saw. Red puffy eyes, Chapped crusty lips, messy tangled hair...

I looked like a complete mess.

I decided that I didn't care how I looked now that I didn't care about anything anymore.

When I heard that my mom...died. I felt a pit in my stomach, and it was liked someone flipped a switch. My mind was just blank, and I kept forgetting that my mom was gone and I wouldn't be able to see her ever again. Maybe this was the first stage of grieving. I'm probably just in shock.

I put on some socks and put on my Nike Slip-On shoes and left to go to the park.

I hopped on my red slick bike and started to pedal to the park.

She's gone.

There was a voice in my head and it was echoing through my mind.

She's gone...forever.

You'll never see her smile.

I started pedalling faster.

You'll never hear her laugh.

My grip on the handlebars tightened.

You'll never have her cradle you in your arms again.

I pedalled even faster.

Your mom,

Is gone.

Forever...

I started sobbing as I realized that I would never see her again. I would never talk to her again.

That she's gone forever.

xxx

I soon arrived at the park and saw Olive on the park bench. I quickly wiped my tears away and started walking towards them. They looked up at me and started running to me. I stared into their green eyes, the same green eyes my mother had.

"Bean, what's wrong? What happened?"

"S-she...didn't..."

That's when I broke.

I started sobbing again, tears streaming down my face.

They pulled me closer to them and I buried my head in their shoulder. They parted for a second before looking into my eyes. They started getting closer and my tears slowed down.

Olive grabbed my face and they softly put their lips on mine.

I standed their shocked at the events that were occuring. They put their warm hands on my face and deepened the kiss.

Why?

Why would they do that?

I-I don't understand?

Did they feel pity for me?

They broke the kiss and backed away from me. I couldn't handle this right now...I just couldn't. I backed away and started running away as fast as my legs would carry me...

Away from the confusion.

Away from the pain.

Away from the hurt.

Away from everything.

This chapters kinda sad and confusing sorry...