Chapter 20

Chapter 20

BENNY'S POV:

I grabbed my stuff out of the closet and stuffed it into my suitcase.

I was planning on leaving today. My mom hasn't talked to me. She acted as if I was a stranger. I guess it makes sense. I still haven't told her that dad was cheating on her and I don't plan to. I don't want to make her feel any worse.

I picked up my suitcase and my backpack and walked downstairs.

I saw my mom on the couch staring at the TV which was showing the news.

"Um...mom? I'm leaving now."

She didn't say anything.

"I'm really sorry." I whispered.

She grabbed the remote and turned off the TV.

She walked over to me and started crying.

"Please stay!" She said. "I promise I'll be better! Even though this is all your fault I still want you here."

Wow.

I rolled my eyes and walked past her.

"Wait!" She yelled while grabbing my arm. "Stay! I know that it's your fault that you're gay! I know it's your fault that your father and I split up! I know that you tore this family apart! But I still love you!"

I ripped my arm away from her.

"You're freaking delusional! It's not my fault I'm gay because it's not my choice! It's not my fault you and dad split up because he was cheating on you in the first place! I'm not the one who tore this family apart. So how about you go and revaluate your life and leave me alone!"

I walked out the door and slammed it shut.

Shit.

I felt tears come to my eyes but I wiped them away. I looked through the small window on my door and saw my mom on her knees crying. I shook my head and turned around. I saw Jackson in his car and walked over. I opened the trunk and put my suitcase in along with my backpack. I got in the passenger side and I slammed the car door shut.

Then I cried.

I sobbed into my hands as Jackson rubbed my back.

"It's ok." He whispered."It's go-gonna be ok."

I cried the whole ride.

• • •

When I got out of the car I finally stopped crying. My throat hurt and my head was pounding. I just wanted to go home.

Jackson carried my suitcase as I carried my heavy backpack.

We got in the elevator and made our way up to his room. I walk inside his huge apartment and sit down on the white couch.

"That was exhausting." I say.

Jackson sets the suitcase by the door and sits down next to me.

"Do you wa-wanna talk?" He asks.

I stare down at my hands and shake my head.

"Not really." I whisper.

He nods his head and grabs the remote.

"Ok. Do you wanna wa-watch Stranger Things in-instead?"

I softly smile and nod my head.

"Can you just agree that Dustin is the best character!?"

He rolls his eyes.

"Not a cha-chance. There are so many cha-characters that are better than him. Like Billy, Eleven, Max and Ro-robin!"

I sigh and shake my head.

"I love you Jackie."

He looks over at me and smiles.

"Love you too Bunny."

He turns on Stranger Things season 3 and we watch it until we slowly fall asleep.

_______________

This is so short lol. Anyway I think the next chapter might be the end of the book because I have so many other ideas but I can't do them until I finish this book. Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed! Bye beautiful people!
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*.✧