Chapter 2: When the Stars Star Falling

"Jendeukie! Jendeukie! Over here!" A young woman with long jet black hair screeched as she jumped up and down in the airport. The people around her looked at her annoyed but she just rolled her eyes and continued jumping. In South Korea you didn't have time to worry about the hypocrites.

"Jisoo do you have to be any more embarrassing?" A woman said as she strolled up to her, a duffle bag in her hand and a laptop case around her shoulders. "I think most of South Korea could hear you."

"Jendeukie!" Jisoo screamed as she latched her arms around her best friend. "I can't believe you're finally here!"

"Enough with the Jendeukie thing, please Jisoo," Jennie Kim begged her. Jisoo just gave her a wink and shrugged.

"Whatever you say."

"You're not going to stop are you?" Jennie moaned. Jisoo shook her head.

"Where would the fun be in that? Now can we go? I'm starving!" Jisoo said, emphasizing on the word: starving.

"Good to know things never change," Jennie said giving Jisoo a smile. It was good to be back. After six years in California she was ready to get back to South Korea. She loved the bustle of the city, she loved the winter freezes, and the smells of food vendors in Gangnam. She loved the bright lights and the sounds of people being awake even at midnight, it made her feel like she wasn't alone. Which was good because writers, she discovered, got very, very lonely.

"Ya, ya, ya, now can we please go? There's this awesome Italian place on Jung-gu that I'm just dying to go to and I know you love Italian," Jisoo begged her. "The car's waiting out front for us."

Jennie laughed, gods she hadn't laughed in a long time. "Yeah, let's go." She shouldered her bag, wincing as it touched the new bruises which had formed after her last visit to her father's house two days ago to tell them she was finally leaving. Her step-mother wasn't too happy about losing her best baby-sitter... who was also the cheapest at zero dollars and zero cents.

Jennie had tried to tell her that the twins, Matthew and Bobby, were old enough to babysit themselves. Heck they were thirteen now. She was babysitting them at thirteen!

No! No! Bad Jennie! She thought. She had left California to get away from complaining and groaning every second of the day. Not to complain and groan again. Which was something she found that she was extremely talented at.

"Whoa, Jendeukie car's right here," Jisoo said, grabbing her shoulder, she winced. Thankfully she hadn't grabbed her wrist. The bruises would have been seriously painful then.

Another plus about South Korea: You could wear long sleeves and no one would think you were weird, unlike in Cali where if you wore long sleeves people thought you had a disorder or something.

"Holy crap Jisoo! Where the heck did you get this car?" Jennie asked, as she stared at wonder in the sleek grey car that was sitting in front of them. Jennie looked at it closer and then tilted her head. "And isn't it parked illegally?" She had seen a security guard at the door of the airport. Why didn't he give her a ticket or something... not that she wanted Jisoo to get a ticket. What sort of a friend would she be if she thought like that?

"Yeah... well I made sure to bring the slip of paper I snuck from Dad's office," Jisoo said climbing into the car. Jennie threw her dufflebag into the back seat and then gently set her laptop bag down. She climbed into the passenger seat.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa... Dad? Since when did this development occur?" She asked as Jisoo revved the engine and pulled out of the airport into the infamous Seoul traffic.

"You've missed a lot Jendeukie, I'll tell you about it at the restaurant that is if these BLUNDERING BAFFOONS get off the road and let me drive!" She yelled out the window, honking her horn.