Chapter 10: You Keep Dreaming

Jennie's eyes met with warm dark eyes and she felt her heart pound faster and faster in her chest as she looked at them. It sounded so sappy but there was a familiarity in those eyes that made her feel comfortable, that made her feel wanted.

"Sorry," the woman said, her voice smooth and rich. She stood up and then offered Jennie a hand which she gladly accepted. The woman helped her up.

They stood there, staring at each other for a moment, feline eyes meeting doe.

And then Jennie stumbled to make out some words. "Sorry, it was all my fault I wasn't paying attention to where I was going," she said, nervously pulling at her dark blue skirts.

"Neither was I," the lady said, grinning. Her smile was slightly crooked, she noticed. Not badly but she liked it. It gave her character. "So I guess we're both at fault."

"I guess we are," Jennie said, putting her hands on her hips. "So what are you going to do about it?" She asked. The lady smiled at her.

"Offer you a drink," she said. She leaned over and poured some punch into a glass and then presented it to her with a valiant bow at the waist which was so smooth and fluent it made Jennie want to smile back at her. She didn't know that people still did that anymore. "For you my lady," she said.

"Thank you my good ma'am," she said, curtsying to her best of her ability.

"Jendeukie!" Jisoo said, running up to them. Jennie mentally cursed her best friend in her mind. Way to ruin the moment. Jisoo seemed to have skill at doing that. Coming in at exactly the wrong moment. Jisoo stood in front of the two of them, studying them both. "I see you've met my cousin."

"She's your cousin?" Jennie asked, pointing at the girl. "I never would have guessed, she has much better manners than you do Chu."

Jisoo snorted. "That's a first, usually people are complaining about how annoying she is."

"But you know if I was in your position I would introduce two people who don't know each other," Jisoo's cousin pointed out.

"I agree with her there," Jennie said, interested in the girl's name. She seemed so familiar but also not at the same time. Was that even possible?

Jisoo huffed in annoyance. "Whatever, Jendeukie meet Lalisa, Lalisa meet Jendeukie," Jisoo said, waving her hands in the air. Jennie didn't even bother to correct Jisoo's mistake. "There, now everyone knows each other. Come on Jendeukie let's go," she said reaching for Jennie's arm.

"Actually Jisoo, I was just about to ask her to dance," Lalisa said. Both Jennie and Jisoo's eyebrows shot up.

"You were?" Jisoo asked.

"Of course I was, that is if she wants to," Lalisa said. Jennie smiled at her.

"I would love to," she said. She held her arm out for her and she accepted, tucking her own arm in the crook of her own. Jisoo huffed in annoyance.

"You're just going to abandon me?" She whined at Jennie.

"Yep," Jennie said. Here was her chance.

This was her chance to do something she wanted to do. And nothing was going to stop her.

"Fine, don't do anything stupid you two," Jisoo said angrily.

"You worry too much cousin," Lalisa called over her shoulder as she led Jennie onto the dance floor. The music that was playing was a waltz and thank god for those few dance lessons back in High School Gym class.

"So your name is Lalisa," Jennie said, trying to strike up a conversation. For someone so good with words, she had trouble coming up with conversations when she was face to face with someone, especially when that someone was extremely good looking and was dancing with her. Written word failed her now.