Chapter 5 : WiseGirl36

A/N: I'm bored, so here's an update. Hope you enjoy it.. Oh, and this story is kind of slow moving, where you can't read the direct interaction between the two main character in the first or second chapter of the book.. Let's be patient 😏

CONTRARY to popular belief Lisa actually liked to read.

Somehow, for some weird reason, all of her fans had gotten the idea that she didn't like it at all, that fact always got Lisa confused. Did having Dyslexia mean that you automatically hated reading? Because she didn't. Books were like music, a well written book spoke to people just like a well played song spoke to you. She found them similar.

Music and Words. Hence why she went into song writing. They seemed to fit well together. And she had so many words stuck in her brain from those letters.

Sometimes she would wonder what would have happened to her if she had never read those letters, if she never knew that somewhere there was a girl fighting just as hard as she was to keep her chin up, to not disappoint everyone, who felt the world on their shoulder.

W4W: The World hurts. Especially when it's all on your shoulders. So why not let someone else take the burden every once and a while. There are people that will. Or maybe they'll even carry you while you're carrying the weight of the world. Those are the people who love you. So love them back. Let them help you. Fight together, not apart.

When she was traveling through Europe with Chaeyoung after they got out of highschool, a man in Rome taught her how to play the guitar. And from then on she played and played until her fingers bled from the blisters and calluses that came with the territory. And then she started humming. Humming along to the songs she played, little ditties that she had made up. And then, she wrote. She wrote down the words that had been haunting her ever since she had graduated from Seoul High.

Yes she had actually graduated. After that first letter, she decided that maybe a good education could do something for you. Maybe.

The first song, Weight of the Worlds, came out later that year. She had recorded it in a small record shop in Poland, sitting on a stool, strumming her guitar while Chaeyoung filmed it with her flip phone and all the Polish people smiled and nodded their heads to the music as if they knew what she was saying. And maybe they did.

Music seemed to connect people in ways that the words couldn't.

When the Weight of the Worlds went viral, it was an overnight sensation. Lisa was given a one way, first class ticket to South Korea to meet with Olympian Records. They couldn't wait to get their hands on the girl who apparent made girls faint in their living rooms while watching the video. (There was actually a video and news report about this as Lisa later found out).

She went from a gi backpacking across Europe to a worldwide sensation, concerts were sold out, records reached platinum, her songs hit number one on all the charts.

And she owed it all to her. To the girl with the pen that wrote those letters to her.

If she hadn't… well she'd still probably have fresh scars on her arms and cigarettes in her back pocket and her mom worrying if she'd even make it home at night.

Now she didn't have to worry, Sallyn was living in a beautiful apartment with her new boyfriend, Marco Jackson who Lisa approved of, even though it wasn't her dad.

But all that went to say, Lisa liked reading. There was no doubt about it. She'd even write some things herself, even though she was a terrible writer except with her song lyrics, and even then they weren't fully her.

But it led her to Writer's Corner, a large website devoted to people who dreamed about writing as they sat at their computers, typing away at different worlds. It almost gave Lisa chills to think just how many undiscovered worlds were in that computer.