Chapter 26: Two Steps Backwards

"God, Lisa how did I ever manage to get so lucky?" Jennie asked as she leaned against Lisa, looking out over the city. Lisa's arms were wrapped protectively around her waist and her head rested against her shoulder, a smile playing on Jennie's lips. The sun was slowly setting and was casting a warm glow over the couple as the wind breezed around them. Lisa looked down at Jennie, standing a few inches taller than her.

"I don't know Wise Girl, I ask myself the same question ever day," she said, kissing her forehead. "Every time I look at you I can't help but think that I am the luckiest girl there is."

Jennie laughed. "Yep, you are pretty lucky to be with me," she said cockily. Lisa laughed back and Jennie realized just how much she loved her deep, throaty laugh. It was like music. It was no wonder really, after all she was a musician.

"I never thought I'd be looking out over Paris when the sun was setting with my girlfriend," Jennie said as she looked at the city of Love.

"And of course add the fact that you're standing on top of the Eifel Tower," Lisa said.

"Of course, can't forget that small detail," Jennie said.

The last two weeks had been absolutely heaven for Jennie Ruby Jane Kim. She couldn't remember a time where she had smiled as much as she did in those last two weeks, or laughed or loved. Being around Lisa all of her emotions seemed to go into overdrive and she felt more and more than she usually did.

And she liked it.

They had officially been a "couple" as they had been told for the past four months. Four months of heaven really. They fought a lot. But they didn't really call it fighting, it was more like arguing over silly things which usually ended with Lisa sticking her foot in her mouth and Jennie being right.

But Lisa was fine with that.

The two of them complimented each other more than anyone else had ever done. For all of Jennie's seriousness, Lisa was laid back and easy going. Yet Jennie forced Lisa to work hard and to be on time, one of her struggles in life.

Lisa had also managed to cut her time for getting ready by half.

Lisa taught Jennie that not everything in life had to be perfect. Sometimes imperfection was perfection in some strange sense. Life was more fun living on the edge. Lisa had inspired a new Words for the Wise, or Thoughts for the Humble as she had posted it in her latest chapter about Kang Chul and Oh Yeon-joo on Writer's Corner.

W4W: Life is about learning to dance in the rain. It's living on the edge and doing things that terrify you. It's about sailing through the storm. Life is more fun when you don't let your fears hold you back. When you actually live you realize more about who you are. Fear only keeps you back. Fear doesn't let you experience real life. Fear is a crutch. Life is a thrill, it's an adventure. Perhaps we should learn that we should not fear. Instead we should dance.

"You know what, this is crazy," Jennie said. "We're crazy."

"You said it, not me," Lisa said. "The first step to solving your problem is to admit that you have one," she said with a goofy grin, quoting something Jennie had said a lot to her. Jennie stuck her tongue out at her. Lisa stuck her lip out as if she was pouting. "That's not very nice," she said.

"Get used to it Seaweed Brain," she laughed.

They looked out over Paris, the sun slowly sinking into the horizon. It was quiet as they watched the receding sun.

"So…" Lisa began, breaking the silence.

"So what?" Jennie asked, not taking her eyes off of the sun. It felt like something out of one of those romance novels she had a tendency to read at night… not that she would ever admit that she did so. Let the world think that she only read historical novels or books on architecture.