Chapter 15: Finis

"So you need to leave why?" Lee Da-hee asked as she leaned across the counter and looked at Jennie with those intense feline eyes that Jennie saw every time she looked at herself in the mirror.

"My dad has had a stroke and… well… they don't know if he'll live much longer," Jennie said, trying to control her voice which was cracking nervously, filled with raw emotion. No child ever wanted to get the call that their parent had a stroke, even if that parent didn't really spend much time with them. Every child loved their parents. It was in their nature. Parents might say that they are rebelling or fighting against them, but most of the time they're doing no such thing. They're trying to discover who they are, who they should be.

And Jennie was no exception.

Lee Da-hee looked at Jennie and shook her head. "Poor Fredrick," she whispered.

"How do you know my dad's name?" Jennie asked, looking up. Lee Da-hee looked at her, studying her with those calculating eyes. Inside of them Jennie almost saw, dare she say it, sympathy and a tenderness that was unfamiliar with Lee Da-hee.

"Hmm… oh you must have put it on your résumé," Lee Da-hee said dismissively. "Of course you may leave for a week Jennie. I hope your father gets better." And even though almost everyone had told her that, Jennie sensed that Lee Da-hee, unlike many others, actually meant it, that she actually cared about her father.

Which was strange.

"Well thank you Lee Da-hee," Jennie said as she headed out the door, leaving Lee Da-hee staring at her with a contemplative look on her face.

(•••)

"Lisa, you have to finish those songs," Chaeyoung said as she came into Lisa's studio where she sat with Luca, her guitar, and a bunch of sheets of music around her.

"I know, I know!" Lisa said, her voice filled with stress. "I just can't figure anything out! Everything I play sounds like garbage!" She complained, throwing her hands up in the air, exasperated.

"Lisa listen, it's not like anyone's going to care. I mean listen to Lady Gaga. Her music is garbage and everyone loves her (AN: Um if you like her… sorry about this I just had to think of an iconic artist that's controversial and she's the only I could come up with… I know, I know sooo unoriginal.) Just write the lyrics and play some tunes on your guitar and call it good. We can always have the guys at the studio tweak it," Chaeyoung said.

"You don't understand Chaeyoung!" Lisa said. While Chaeyoung was incredible with numbers and sales and organizing things, she was terrible at really understanding the importance of music. "You can't just toss random words together. That's no real. They have to mean something."

"How about this Lisa. It means that you'll get a fat paycheck when you're done and a bunch of more adoring fans. You already have When the Stars Star Falling and Minefield both of which everyone loves and thinks are amazing, you're good. Just write some other stuff."

"Chaeyoung, I refuse to write about sex and drugs and alcohol," Lisa said. "Not after what happened…."

"I wasn't suggesting that," Chaeyoung sighed.

"Oh then what? You want me to write about a puppy dog and a baby kitten who fall in love? Ha. This isn't Disney Channel where I can write stupid songs with no points to them."

"Lisa, I think you're over thinking this."

"I'm not over thinking it, you just don't understand!" Lisa said, irritated that Chaeyoung didn't understand the importance of the words. Her letter writer would understand. She knew she would. Jendeukie probably would understand as well, Lisa mused to herself.