Chapter 3: No Inspiration

"So this dad business," Jennie said as she picked at her lasagna half-heartedly.

"You're not eating," Jisoo said, pointing to Jennie's half eaten food. She was busy with her penne rosa.

"I'm still stuffed from my six packets of mini pretzels," Jennie said sarcastically. "And stop trying to change the subject!"

"What subject?" Jisoo said, nervously laughing. "Oh yeah... the dad subject." Now she too wasn't too interested in eating her pasta. "Well about three years ago Jason and I got called to a Lawyer's Firm, some Kim and Kim, honestly why would you work with someone who has the same last name as you? That's just...weird."

"Jisoo," Jennie warned. "Stay focused."

"Right... anyway, Jason and I got there and there's this handsome guy in a pin stripe suit lounging in the lawyer's office... it was one of the Kims, I don't know which one. Honestly why do it?" Jisoo's eyes got a bit glazed over as she looked past Jennie, her eyes not focusing on anything in particular.

"Chu, stay with me," Jennie said, snapping her fingers. Memories can control us, they haunt us. But you have to learn to let go of the past. Let go of the Memories and just live. You can't fully live if you're living in the past. Man wasn't born to live in the past, but in the present. Hmm... nice one Jennie. I like it. She reached for a napkin and grabbed her ever present pen from her pocket and jotted the phrase down and then wadded the napkin into her pocket.

"Just think of another quote for your book?" Jisoo asked, her warm light brown eyes sparkling with delight.

"Yeah, just something I thought sounded good. Now finish your story! I'm not letting you off of the hook!" Jennie said, staring at her best friend with her death glare which she was known for in highschool... and middle school... heck she even had it in elementary school. Her feline eyes really pulled it off.

"Well... so the man there was Kim Soo-Hyun," Jisoo said. "And turns out he's my dad."

Jennie's eyes opened so wide she thought that they would pop out. "What!" Jennie squealed. Everyone in the restaurant glared at her. Being on the receiving end of a glare was very intimidating. She ducked her head. "What?" She asked quieter. "How did that happen?"

"Well you see Jendeukie when two people are in love... or trying to fulfill the urge of lust in this case... they get together and the man..."

"Oh shut up Jisoo! I don't need to have that talk again! I already saw the damn movie! I mean how did your mom and Kim Soo-Hyun, the Kim Soo-Hyun, the owner of the biggest airports in the world and the biggest airplane company, get together?"

Jisoo shifted in her seat nervously. "Well you know how my mom was into the whole TV show scene and everything? Apparently Kim Soo-Hyun really likes the whole weepy, crying daft bimbos and fell head over heels for her. They got married, did it, had me, did it again, had Jason and then Kim Soo-Hyun just left. I don't think he liked being tied down to one girl... especially a whiney annoying one."

It was no secret that Jisoo resented her mother. In fact resent probably didn't cover it at all. It was something more than that. It was a burning anger at injustice. Everyone felt it at one time or another in their life.

"I guess I don't exactly blame him, I mean heck I would have gotten my ass out as fast as I could from that woman," Jisoo muttered angrily as she stabbed at her pasta as if she wanted to kill it. Which from the looks of it, she did. "So Dad said he wanted to finally be a family... or what he defines as a 'family' which isn't the Webster Dictionary definition... more like maybe the Urban Dictionary. But he gave Jason and I a car, a boat load of money, a nice apartment and more money, so I guess it's nice."