Chapter 12: Fate

"So how did you manage to get a job at Olympian Scrolls? My friend Bobby tried to get a job there a while ago but Lee Da-hee turned him down right on the spot. He didn't even hand her his résumé. She just pointed at the door and he left," Mino asked as he and Jennie sat in a booth at Blink's, the diner down the street. He picked up one of his French-fries and popped it into his mouth.

Jennie shrugged, stirring her mango smoothie (what diner had smoothies she didn't know, but she adored Blink's and their ability to have every sort of food you wanted). "I don't know. I think it has something to do with the cat-eyes. All of us have them that work there," she laughed.

"Honestly I have no idea how I got the job. She asked me some really weird questions about why I sat in the chair I picked and then who my favorite author was and stuff. And then she read some of my writing."

"Your writing?" Mino asked. "Are you still writing?"

Jennie blushed and nodded. "Just a little," she said, holding up her index finger and a thumb to demonstrate.

"Have anything published yet?" She shook her head. "Shame, I always like the character of Orion," Mino said, referring to the Descent of Darkness. "I honestly thought it should have been published if it was only for Orion alone."

Jennie laughed hesitantly. What she would never admit was that Orion was based off of Mino a little. "That's what Jisoo said."

"Ah yes and how is the great daughter of Kim Soo-Hyun?" Mino asked.

"So you know about that too," Jennie said. Mino laughed.

"Please Jennie, who doesn't know about Jason and Jisoo? It was one big publicity stunt to boost Kim Soo-Hyun in the eyes of the public. Jun Ji-hyun of course wasn't too happy about it."

"Jun Ji-hyun?" Jennie asked. "I'm sorry but I'm not too up to date with Seoul social gossip."

Mino smirked. "It's not as if it's that important. It's not going to make world peace or anything… more like cause World War 3. Okay so here's the quick low down Jen. Jun Ji-hyun was Kim Soo-Hyun's first wife whom he then divorced to marry Jisoo and Jason's mom…" he paused a minute and tapped his chin. "Gods I always forget her name. Anyway when Kim Soo-Hyun got bored of their mom when Jisoo and Jase were only little, they divorced. Kim Soo-Hyun then got back together with Jun Ji-hyun and remarried her."

"So he's been married three times?" Jennie asked. Mino nodded.

"With a bunch of affairs on the side. Of course Kim Rae-won's no better. He's never been married."

"What?" Jennie exclaimed loudly. Everyone in Blink's gave her a strange look and she looked down at her smoothie.

"Quiet Jen," Mino snickered. "Anyway, Kim Rae-won's never been married so technically the great Lisa Manoban is a bastard."

"Don't call her that!" Jennie hissed. She didn't know why she was sticking up for Lisa Manoban but Lisa couldn't help who her parents were. It wasn't her fault her father was an idiot.

"I'm just using the politically correct term Jen," Mino said.

Jennie sighed and brushed a strand of brunette hair out of her eyes. "Can we talk about something else? What are you up to?"

Mino all of a sudden beamed… which was something Jennie hadn't seen him do since they were super little. "I work at Titan Inc. under Song Seung-heon himself."

"Song Seung-heon? Who's that?" Jennie asked. Mino's eyes suddenly flashed dangerously.

"Only the greatest inventor of all time. He invented so many different timing devices and weaponry for different countries that he's a billionaire. And he chose me out of all the different people who tried to get the job, to be his assistant."