Chapter 17: Great Minds Think Alike

Lisa sat in her studio, drumming her pen against her table, staring blankly at the lyrics that were in front of her. The lyrics that she had wrote after her talk with a Miss Jennie Kim. A Miss Jennie Kim whom she couldn't get out of her mind. Literally. It was as if she was stuck there, Lisa was constantly thinking about Jennie, the way she smiled, the way Lisa could see her thinking about every word she said.

She smiled.

Her phone rang, she grabbed it and jammed it against her ear. "Hey," she said.

"Lisa!" Chaeyoung's voice blared loudly over the speaker of her phone. Lisa held the phone back and flinched away from the sound.

"Wow Chaeyoung, are you trying to blow my eardrums out?" Lisa asked, continuing to tap her pencil against the table.

"I just got your song that you emailed me."

"What did you think?" Lisa asked.

"It's good, real good, I knew you could do it," Chaeyoung said.

"Yeah," Lisa sighed. "Only nine more songs to go." Lisa paused a minute, debating whether or not to tell Chaeyoung her news. Finally she decided Chaeyoung had a right to know. "I found her."

Chaeyoung was quiet for a moment. "Your story writer?" She asked.

"Yeah, and I talked with her yesterday," Lisa said.

"Oh… and how was that?" Chaeyoung asked politely, unsure of what else to say.

"She's… well she's like I was," Lisa said. "She's searching, she's lost. God Chaeyoung do you have any idea what it's like to talk to someone who's lost, who's lost and can't seem to find their way out of darkness?"

"Lisa, I know. I've talked to you." Lisa heard someone shout on the other side of the phone. "I've got to go Lisa, I'll be back in two days. Don't do anything stupid 'kay?"

"Me do something stupid?" Lisa scoffed. "You jest."

Chaeyoung snorted. "I'll see you Lisa."

• • •

"Well look who's here." Jennie looked up from where she was reading her book and her eyes met coffee eyes for the second time in two days. "Hey there Wise Girl," Lisa said, standing over her, holding a milkshake in her hand. It was yellow. Jennie nearly smiled.

"Nice bucket hat," Jennie said, nodding to the hat.

"Thanks," Lisa said as she sat down across from her and taking a long drink of her milkshake.

"I don't remember saying that you could sit there," Jennie said as she looked back down at the tiny print in her book.

Lisa shrugged. "Last time I checked it was a free country and plus it's Blink's booth, not yours." She grinned at her. "What are you reading?" Lusa asked, her hand itching towards Jennie's book. Jennie slammed her book closed and jammed it into her bag on the seat next to her.

"A book."

"No way Wise Girl," Lisa said rolling her eyes. "What book?"

"Just a book. What are you doing here?" Jennie asked, trying to change the conversation. For some reason, letting people know what she was reading was just… strange. Some books were too special to try and share with someone else.

Lisa shrugged. "What does it look like, I'm drinking a milkshake. Blink's makes the best and I always drink milkshakes when I'm working."

"You work, I'm surprised!" Jennie said.