Chapter 30: Three Little Words

"Lisa," Jennie whined, "Where are we going?" She clutched Lisa's hand as they waded through the crowded streets of Seoul. All around them people stopped and pointed, a few even whipped out their phones and took pictures of the two of them, giggling behind their hands. Everyone knew that Lisa Manoban had gotten back together with her ex-girlfriend Jennie Kim. It had sparked many news' stories, magazine articles, and TV spots.

The last three months had been amazing for Lisa. The first week had been spent by the two of them walking on eggshells, or more Lisa had been, Jennie had been in her wheelchair still. But after that week Lisa nearly exploded, sick of not being able to talk to Jennie as they had before. Jennie had agreed to give her a chance at being friends again. Since Jennie was not allowed to be alone for the first month due to her leg, Lisa had been busy trying to find different ways to keep her occupied as Jennie was a very impatient person and had trouble keeping still. 

They had done at least twenty three puzzles (or more Jennie had), they had watched every movie Lisa owned, and Lisa had played her guitar a lot while Jennie worked on her writing as she had started a new book. After a month, Jennie was finally allowed to go out and do things so they went to the museums, movies and the zoo.

While at the zoo, Lisa found that Jennie was more stubborn than she had known. By that time Jennie had been using her crutches and she refused to use the wheelchair provided for her and insisted on crutching around wherever she needed to. But halfway around the zoo, she grew too tired to keep going as she had crutched around two miles and her armpits hurt like heck. So she allowed Lisa to carry her to the nearest place where she could get a wheelchair and had sulkily agreed to using one.

After that incident Lisa had all but begged to let her take Jennie on a date. She had heaved a great sigh but had let Lisa.

Now two months after they were steadily dating again and Lisa couldn't be happier. They had a tendency to bicker all the time but they always ended it in a fit of laughter, realizing just how stupid their arguments could be. They tended to be over some of the stupidest things but somehow the fighting never mattered.

"If I told you then it wouldn't be a surprise would it?" Lisa teased, answering her question.

Jennie crossed her arms, "I hate surprises," she grumbled to herself.

"I know," Lisa grinned. "But I think you'll like this one, trust me."

"I don't know, sometimes you can be a moron," she said.

"I'll take that as a compliment," Lisa said. "Really I'm surprised that you don't know where we're going. I would have thought that you of all people would recognize it." She waved her hand in the air to demonstrate where they were. Jennie looked around, her brows wrinkling as she tried to determine where they were but she couldn't come up with any idea.

"I have no idea," she admitted.

"For once I have stumped the great Jennie Kim," Lisa said, pleased with herself. "If you must know we're going to the library."

Jennie gasped. "Lisa Manoban knows where the library is? Call the news! She actually knows how to find a place with books," she mocked.

"Don't get used to it, I tend to avoid books whenever is possible," Lisa grinned as they turned the corner. In front of them was the large Starfield library. Jennie let out a squeal. Every time she saw the library she got excited. So many books under one roof. And to think that every book was just a different combination of only 26 letters. It was an exciting thought.

As they climbed the steps up, going slowly as Jennie's leg was in a large boot, left over from her car accident, Lisa was literally bouncing up and down in her shoes. Jennie kept glancing over at her, wondering why she was so excited. And yet she was also nervous, Jennie could tell by the way Lisa had a few creases in her brow as if she was thinking deep thoughts which was a rare sight for Lisa.