2. Slight change in plan?

"Ran away? What in God's name do you mean by that?"
Sir Yoongi, the head general known town-wide for his composed and collected charisma didn't represent the said qualities as he pulled at his hair pacing back and forth in the recruiter office while his long forgotten cup of bergamont tea layed with a sad face on the mahongany table consisting of endless paper sprawled out across it hiding the cresents of stains from the bottom of the cups that met the similar fate like the above-mentioned.

"Run away, you know, Eloped. Absconded. Absquatulate. Vamoose" leutinent Jung Hoseok, one of the military servers of Arauna, the king's personal favorite sub-officer and Min Yoongi's closest friend in non-duty hours, chirped as he ducked out his lips exaggerating the 'vamoooose' along with making jazz hands.

One of a kind, is what he was. Everyone agreed to this. Even the king himself. He was like a star who felt the magic of the moon for the first time. He was like a lotus amongst the wallflowers captivating eyes of the onlookers, totally worth their while. Min Yoongi admired him for being the breath of fresh air that he was.

"Hoseok I did not ask for you to present me your vocabulary. Elaborate to me on why Jiwa took a leave."

"He did not take a leave. Leaving would be consensual and permitted. He just took off. Wrote this letter to me saying something about taking his wife to another town for treatment."

"What happened to his wife?"

"Nobody knows. People say she suddenly started acting queer. Which reminds me, the prince told me about a reading on how the apothecary of big cities are starting to claim a new anomaly of sadness. They call it 'depression'. How innovative!"

"Please. They just need a reason to name even a slight jagger of breath as new disease. Sadness is a not a disease. Nothing a bergamont tea in the day and borboun at night cannot correct." A new high pitched voice made it's way to the room making Hoseok turn his head almost 180 degrees, but the smile on his face only a confirmation that he wasn't complaining.

"Leutinent Jimin. Have a seat please. We have bigger quandary at hand than discussing about medical advancements. And Hoseok, just because the king is fond of you does not mean he will acceed to the idea of you being friends with the Prince. You need to stop talking to him like he's an equal." Yoongi sighed taking his seat across from the two leutinents.
"The feast is in two days and the Prince's guard decides to run away now. Everyone is already assigned to the duties they are best suited for. And with the arrival of more than ten neighboring kingdoms none of the guards can be shifted off of the duty to be the Prince's guard. We need to recruit someone new and we need to do it FAST."

"Sir, you need to calm down. We will find a guard for the Prince. The subjects of Arauna worship the King. And rightfully so. Any eligible young man we opt for would be rather honored to serve the palace." Lt. Jimin spoke out with his sanguine melodious voice immediately settling a calm to the distraught general.

Park Jimin. Since only the sons of the former knights were recruited as knights, when the son of a poor opera performer of the royal house was recruited as one, to say the whole kingdom was shocked would be an understatement. He takes the credit for the amendment that now anyone was allowed to serve the army. Undercover his deceiving chubby and adorable looks, Park Jimin was a bold, stern and a dutiful server. He radiated confidence and oligarchy. Min yoongi appreciated that in particular.

"They worship the king, true, but you know not everyone is fond of Prince Taehyung. It's more arduous than you think it is."

"Leave it to us, Sir. You watch not to catch that 'depression' sickness."

"Dismiss. Both of you and get to work."

*****

"And so just like I had predicted, the foolish old man requested me to help him carry the goods inside the palace. It was like we were acting out a pre-written play." Jungkook tsked unwrapping the shawl he had pleated across his face.