29. In the father's name

"You must be castigating the day you stepped foot into the palace, don't you?" Carding through the blonde bunched up locks sprawled on his lap, Taehyung's voice came barely above a whisper with eyes focused on the tiny make-believe diamonds adorned on the black expanse above them.

"Hm?"  the older opened his eyes that had found themselves shut involuntarily responding to the soothing scalp-rub.

"I was wondering, if you wouldn't have embroild with me, it's a given my destiny would still be the same it is now, except this absolutely pastoral experience of loving." he smiled to himself looking down at the boy who was shuffling his head on his lap.
"You however have only befriended pain indulging with me."

"You don't understand, do you?" letting out a dry grin Jungkook spoke.

"What?"

"I have been a thief all my life. One day or the other, I would have been caught. I was accepting of it the day I culminated my first theft. This run-away is my fate regardless."

He tilted his head upwards and deepened his voice to impersonate the other's. "It's a given my destiny would still be the same it is now, except the this absolutely pastoral experience of loving."

Taehyung gasped landing a weak hit on his arm. "I do not sound like that!"

The other only chuckled in return. Elevating himself on his elbows he placed a gentle peck on his lips, consequent to which he saw a taffy pink shade esteem the prince's face, splendid enough to glitter in the dim moonlight.

"Kook! You can't do that! Do you wish to be thrown out by your 'hallowed' granny?" he puffed his cheeks and snouted his lips in a frail attempt to look angry which in accordance with his blushing cheeks, looked absolutely-

"Adorable." Jungkook levated and pecked his lips again, this time ending up rejoicing in the sound of a buttery giggle.

"You love me so much." Taehyung uttered out with a sanguine. Jungkook sighed with a smile as he got up, now sitting face to face with the other.

"Ofcourse I do. Who wouldn't?"

"It is beyond my reasoning why you would love me so fearlessly, yet never say it to me."

"Petal, look at my face. I have had people wrinkling their noses on one glance at me- all my life. Yerin was teased brutally because she was the sister of a 'beast', as they put it. I have had little children start crying when they see my face."

Moonlight reflected off the pearly drop that swam in the big brown orbs. Jungkook took the warm beautiful hands in his own, smiling.

"This, that we have, was a cryptic concept to me. The only love that I hoped for was between Yerin and whoever she chooses for herself. But then... You happened."

He cupped the other's face that had the most endearing frown decorated on his forehead.
"You. Do you even fathom the  effect you have on people? There is literally an 8000 year old king dying to marry you!" he whisper yelled the last sentence.

Taehyung snickered tilting his head to gently kiss the palm of the other as he continued to speak.

"I apologize to you that I keep you longing for a confession. However I refuse to say it now. Now when we are barely floating in an ocean of uncertainty. We aren't sure if we swim to the shore or sink to the seabed."

Taehyung nodded looking down at his hands. It was true. It's less damage if some things remain unsaid.

"I will say it, petal. I promise I will. Either as a proclamation of finding a hope for us through this.
Or as an announcement of me giving up. But I will say it."