10. You should see me in a crown

"Ta-da-da-da goes the boy with the crown on his head...
Fa-la-la-la he sings munching on his bread...
Fa-la-la... Fa-la-la... Fa-la-laaaaaa" Taehyung bounced on one foot to other wiggling his butt along. Jungkook had to hold him down by wrapping an arm around his waist to tie the belt of his elaborate mantle.

"Tsk tsk..Why shall you make my task so tedious?" Jungkook tried tying the knot but the royal kept slipping away too engrossed in his little wiggle dance.

"Fa-la-la...Fa-la-la...Fa-la-laaaa" Taehyung brushed his nose against that of the older's as he continued bouncing in little bubble of excitement.

"Like a little baby you are." Jungkook laughed heartily as Taehyung now was set free to hop around the room simulating a baby kangaroo.

"I can't help it, Kook. I had convinced myself I may never receive the honor of this ceremony. I can't contain it. I'm just too happy!!" he climbed on the couch and started bouncing up and down and in that moment Jungkook wondered in bewilderment how this was a twenty year old.

This was the real Taehyung. The one who perpetually had to gimmick like a grown up since god knows when. Seeing this inner child slip out through the counterfeit of a prince gave him a sense of accomplishment. He wanted to wrap this baby in a warm blanket and protect it from the bleak eyes of the world forever.

"I'm happy you're happy." he marched towards the royal and picked him up from the couch making him stand on the floor. The prince pouted. "Nonetheless I'm afraid we can't have you mess up your hair. There is going to be a shiny new crown on there."
Jungkook ignores the pang of anxiety he feels everytime the word 'crown' comes out of his mouth and tries his best to smile at the other.

"Indeed there is. Oh my! You better kiss this excitement away before I mangle my look up." Taehyung wraps his arms around the older's neck and tilts his head upwards but before Jungkook could grant his wish a knock was heard on the door making both of them catapult far away from each other, startled.

Jungkook unlocked the door to find a handsome young man standing with a wide smile along with a man he recognizes as the leutinent who recruited him.
"Jeon? What are you doing inside the Prince's chambers?" the leutinent questions with a raised brow and an irked twitch of his plum lips.

But before Jungkook could fabricate an alibi as smooth as butter, the other gentleman beat him to it "Oh don't worry Lt. Park, our little prince here has a fixation on befriending his guards. Don't we, your highness?"

"HOBI HYUNG!!" Taehyung started bouncing again as he catches the sight of the officer smiling warmly enter the chambers followed by a hesitant one.

"Aah! What is that shiny little bouncy thing.. Aaah! It's glow is hurting my eyes! Help!" Lt. Hoseok dramatically covered his eyes with one hand while making grabby hands with the other, pretending to drown.

Taehyung giggled melodiously as he removed Hoseok's hand. "Me, Taehyung. I'm the shiny little bouncy thing." he announced proudly. The other two males awed at the precious conversation.

"It's you? Our prince?" he exclaimed cupping a hand to his mouth. Taehyung nodded adoring the smile that Jungkook once named the magical. "I thought it was some exquisite jewel! My, my! Where shall we find a crown that compares to this other-worldly beauty?"

"You and your replete compliments!!" Taehyung shook his head yet a giggle still escapes the pretty pink lips clad in rose extract.

"And I shall serve them to you till the day of my demise." Hoseok bowed down, smile never furloughing his face as if his muscles were permanently stretched into a grin.
"I visited to render you my well wishes for this night with this little rose from your own garden.
Also, I wanted you to meet leutinent Park Jimin. I suppose you have heard about this dapper young man."